Specialist/Senior Specialist Payroll - Spain
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- We are currently looking for a Specialist/Senior Specialist Payroll who will :
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of monthly payroll for multiple EMEA affiliates in various countries, as assigned, working with outsourced payroll provider(s).
- Accurate and timely payments for salaries, payroll-related taxes and social charges for EMEA.
- Ensure compliance with governmental and local labor and tax regulations for multiple international affiliates, in cooperation with outsourced consulting ervices and company Management.
- Ensure timely and accurate booking of payroll-related journal entries and accruals, in compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Assist in reviewing payroll reconciliations in conjunction with GL Accountants.
- Provide payroll reporting, including monthly census, year-end wage statements, budget support and other, as required.
- Participate in the development and implementation of EMEA payroll policies and procedures.
- Management of some cross-functional projects might be required.
- Commercial education required (CFC, degree in accounting or HES)
- 5 to 8 years of experience in payroll processing or managing third party providers
- Proven Project Management skills (functionally)
- Sound understanding of Compliance and Risk Management (within the geographical areas covered)
- Strong communication skills
- Must be flexible, able to prioritize and adapt to changes in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Fluent in English, another European language would be a plus.
- High excel knowledge and past experience with integrated accounting software