Specialist, Safety & Environment (Millsboro, DE) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Specialist is responsible for providing compliant environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs to operating departments at the Millsboro, DE site. Integrates EHS programs into daily operations to assure regulatory compliance, achieves continuous performance improvement, meeting EHS performance objectives. Partners with operations to develop objectives to achieve these goals in alignment with site business goals and values.
- Completes hazard assessments, industrial hygiene monitoring, life safety reviews, incident investigations, environmental regulatory field analysis, environmental reports and permit applications.
- Reviews processes, facilities, procedures and management of change documents to assure conformance to recognized EHS regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Provides support to client groups in completing injury/illness analysis, training, self-assessments and addressing specific EHS concerns as they are raised.
- Develops EHS procedures, guidelines and training programs as assigned.
- Provides leadership to formation and sustained performance of action oriented EHS committees.
- Assures completion of all regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local EHS requirements.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required (concentration in Environmental or Safety related technical discipline preferred)
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years applied professional Environmental Health and Safety work experience.
- Applied knowledge and experience with environmental compliance, biosafety, occupational and process safety.
- Critical thinking, communication and problem solving skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Relevant professional certification(s) preferred including CSP and/or CIH
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Env, Health & Safety Generic
Job Title:Spclst, Safety & Environment
Primary Location: NA-US-DE-Millsboro
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Delaware
Job Segment: Safety, Environmental Engineering, Law, Environmental Health & Safety, Compliance, Service, Engineering, Legal, Healthcare