Specialist Safety & Environment Job - Singapore
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Support facility compliance with local safety and environmental regulations and corporate EHS policy and standards.
- Support development and maintenance of the site EHS management systems including EHS procedures and SOPs as assigned by site EHS Leader.
- Monitor site EHS operation performance to meet the EHS requirements and standards of local authority and corporate.
- Work with the site EHS Leader to implement the best management practices to ensure sustained EHS compliance.
- Support development of the EHS Management System to meet the MSD Corporate EHS requirements.
- Maintain the site EHS performance to comply with the local EHS related regulation and corporate standards and requirements.
- Coordinate efforts to prevent EHS accidents and incidents onsite.
- Participate in accident investigations and root cause analysis as assigned.
- Perform on-site inspections and audits as scheduled by EHS Leader.
- Develop and maintain assigned EHS procedures and SOPs for site operations.
- Continue to improve the EHS Management System of plant and look to leverage best practices from other MSD Plants globally.
- Support specific EHS programs as assigned (i.e. Process Safety by participating in Haz. Ops., PHAs.; Industrial Hygiene by performing monitoring or fit testing, etc.) and other duties as assigned by EHS Leader.
- Conduct hazard identification and risk assessments onsite for with operations in accordance with MOM and company guidelines.
- Develop and deliver effective EHS training to employee to enhance their EHS awareness and competencies.
- Report EHS performance and inspection data in corporate system in a timely manner.
- Work as a team member to collaborate with other departments to maintain a good EHS culture on site.
- Support site EHS Leader to keep the EHS related expense within the allocated budget.
- Complete other projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree in Safety, Environmental, Chemical, Chemical Process Engineering or other related.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of EHS related experience in the chemical, petrochemical or pharmaceutical industries. EHS related experience includes General EHS, Process Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Biosafety, and Environmental Engineering.
- Demonstrates applying proficiency in working across boundaries with cross-functional groups and productive communication.
- Demonstrates applying proficiency of leadership behaviour in alignment with MSD leadership standards
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and company policies/guidelines related to EHS.
- Ability to work independently on projects to meet assigned schedules.
- Good interpersonal skills, approachable, high integrity
Job: Env, Health & Safety Generic Job Title:Spclst, Safety & Environment
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Safety, Pharmaceutical, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Engineer, Service, Science, Engineering, Healthcare