Specialist, Quality Control Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Technician biologist to perform all aspects of In Vivo tests in support of releasing vaccines to market. Work is task-oriented, of moderate complexity, and is assigned, monitored, and directed by area management or designee. Perform support activities with the execution of general operational tasks which may be associated with facilities, scheduling, assembly, coordination, delivery, and maintenance of study or program-related information. Conduct laboratory procedures in compliance with established protocols/plans. Document experimental data in technical notebooks or approved electronic files.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelors degree. Degree in life science, scientific discipline
Required Experience and Skills:
- Three to five years animal laboratory experience in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Experience with rodent and rabbit handling, injections, observation and recording of physical signs, and gross examinations and necropsy.
- Position requires some rotating holiday and weekend Saturday, Sunday work.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including flexibility, collaboration and inclusion skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated self-starter with capability to develop innovative solutions to challenges.
- Proven analytical aptitude, critical thinking skills, and ability to apply key concepts.
- Speaks with courage and candor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Quality Lab Related
Job Title:Spclst, Quality Control
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Various Laoratory chemicals/biologics
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Scientific, Laboratory, Animal Health, Engineering, Science, Veterinary