Specialist, Project Management; Bio/sterile Global Technical Operations Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Global Technical Operations (GTO) Bio-Sterile Organization is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill an open position in their portfolio and project execution strategy & management team to support strategic projects within the Large Molecule Vaccine & Biologic Operating Units. Incumbent will be responsible for providing hands on support to portfolio managers and project leaders. Responsibilities will include providing support with project prioritization, scheduling, resource planning and execution management. Provide project management planning and execution management services to assigned projects.
- Perform project planning & execution management services on assigned projects (75%)
- Planning Phase
- Supports development of project charters – problem and goal statement, business benefit, scope, milestones, risks/assumptions
- Develops detailed project schedules with well-defined resource plans, identifying critical path items
- Execution Phase
- Maintains project schedules, performs scenario planning, identification and maintenance of risk reports, supports generation of routine status updates
- Maintain schedule/milestone & resource planning in Microsoft Project Server(MSPS)
- Assists portfolio managers with planning & execution of strategic projects (20%)
- Planning Phase
- Supports portfolio managers and project leads with application of planning methodology: Project charters – problem and goal statement, business benefit, scope, milestones, risks/assumptions
- Execution Phase
- Supports portfolio managers and project leaders with application of execution management methodology - status updates, schedule planning, stage gates, resource plans and portfolio and projects progress
- Supports portfolio managers and project leaders with application of Microsoft Project Server(MSPS) tools & business processes
- Support the prioritization of the Vaccine strategic projects - Cross Product Prioritization (XPP) process (5%)
- Support portfolio managers with business process adherence
- Support portfolio managers with the intake & reprioritization process for new programs/projects
- BS in Engineering or science related field
- BS degree with 2 years in pharmaceutical &/or related industries or MS degree with experience in pharmaceutical &/or related industries
- Relevant experience in a technology group supporting Bio-sterile operations
- Relevant project management experience with manufacturing business processes
- Development/support of cross-functional business processes
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong communications, planning and collaboration/negotiation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to the manufacturing sites up to 20% of the time
- Experience in Vaccine or Biologic manufacturing or technical services
- Familiarity with Change execution methodology
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma processes
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Chemical Engineering
Job Title:Spclst, Engineering
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Pharmaceutical, Medical Technologist, Sterile Processing, Operations, Science, Healthcare