Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
A key feature of Sourcing Management is a high volume requirement for strategic analysis of suppliers, supply markets and supply chains in selected categories of spend. This role will work for the Director / Associate Director for Global Operations Sourcing and provide high quality analytical analysis, strategic analysis and insight to suppliers and markets. In addition, the Specialist supports pre-negotiation planning, live negotiations as well as leading and conducting Request for Information, Request for Proposals, e-auctions and quotation analysis and cost modeling. The Specialist is also responsible for overall category management for one or more suppliers on a global scale, either directly (for Global and International spend categories) or indirectly through collaboration with regional sourcing professionals (for Regional and Local spend). Collaborates and supports MMD External Manufacturing organization.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS in Business, Finance, Engineering, Science or related field strongly preferred.
- MBA or advanced degree and/or relevant certification is desirable.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Two years of Procurement strategic sourcing experience or related role including manufacturing of Pharmaceutical, Biological, or Consumer Health Care products.
- Strong project management & analytical skills.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or other manufacturing industry, preferably in FDA or similar regulated environment.
- Experience in international business desirable.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of Procurement related business processes, including market analysis, project management, commercial negotiations and contracting.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity required.
- Demonstrates Merck Leadership Standards at the Manager or Manager of Manager level, with particular strengths in Championing Change, Communicate Candidly, Build Talent, and Achieves Results.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Technical Procurement
Job Title:Spclst, Procurement
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Engineer, Procurement, Pharmaceutical, Supply, Buyer, Engineering, Operations, Science