This job is currently Archived,
Specialist Industrial Hygiene (Occupational Hygiene) Boxmeer Netherlands,
Posted on : 22 April 2017
Reporting to the Global Safety and the Environment Manager for company Animal Health The Netherlands, the Specialist Industrial Hygiene will be responsible for leading and driving implementation of the site s Health program especially the industrial hygiene program, ensuring compliance with both regulatory and company requirements and providing Industrial Hygiene technical support for engineering projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and coordinate the execution of the site s Industrial Hygiene systems and Ergonomics, including site processes to anticipate, recognize, and evaluate workplace health hazards and recommend proper control strategies to manage identified risks;
- Prioritize IH-related risks and develop and assist with implementing corrective action and preventive action plans. Monitor and communicate overall status of plans to Site Management;
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and collaborate with other Industrial Hygienists, EHS staff, Engineering /and Operations personnel to leverage best practices and drive continuous improvement efforts;
- Coordinate the IH Monitoring team efforts in execution of site s exposure monitoring programs;
- Maintain the required technical competencies, proficiencies, and regulatory knowledge to ensure responsibilities are effectively executed;
- Technical expertise needs to include but is not limited to: exposure assessment & monitoring of pharmaceutical operations; control strategies prevention, engineering controls, work practice controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) including respiratory protection, applicable regulatory and company requirements;
- Establish and maintain excellent communication processes to ensure on site and above site management, occupational health, and affected employees understand the workplace hazards, exposures, and accompanying risks, as well as the needed control strategies;
- Provide technical support for new projects and modifications to ensure proper Industrial Hygiene design review, containment verification, as well as routine /maintenance evaluation after process / equipment installed / implemented;
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene self-assessments / audits;
- Develop and implement effective Industrial Hygiene-related training programs for both management and employees;
- Serve as the site s Industrial Hygiene Coordinator for the site and participates in local and Global Safety and &IH committees.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor s degree in Industrial Hygiene /Ergonomics as well as an expectation to have or obtain professional certification in industrial (occupational) hygiene recognized under the NAR program of the International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA);
- At least 5 years of experience with managing risks associated with high potency pharmaceutical compounds and full understanding of containment systems and concepts;
- Experience in leading the integration of excellent Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics processes into chemical / pharmaceutical operations or similar industries;
- Ability to analyze data, interpret results/ trends, decide appropriate, cost effective corrective actions and provide clear recommendations to both management and employees;
- Excellent technical, leadership and communication (oral & written) skills in Dutch and English.
- Our company is working to help the world be well.
- Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals.
- We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
- Our company has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
- Our company Animal Health develops and produces vaccines and pharmaceutical specialties for livestock, companion animals and fish.
- We have offices in more than 50 countries, sell our products in over 140 markets and operate in a network of manufacturing sites and research and development facilities around the world.
- We are always seeking innovative talents that focus on constant improvement of our products and the way we work.
- We re looking for new colleagues who are entrepreneurs and result driven.
- But not only results matter; how you achieve these results is crucial to be successful within company Animal Health as well.
- Our company Animal Health leads the way in veterinary pharmaceuticals.
- Our employees are the key to our company s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
A good place to work
- Our company is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators.
- Our company always seeks best-in-class employees at all levels.
- We expect a lot from our people and company has a lot to offer them as well.
- Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what company values and rewards most.
- If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, our company will be a good place for you to work.
- We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people.
- Our company gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Job Segment: Industrial Hygiene, Industrial, Engineer, Law, Respiratory, Engineering, Manufacturing, Legal, Healthcare
Find a Job Find Candidates