Specialist, HR Central - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The HR Shared Services Tier 1 Support Specialist plays a vital role serving as the primary contact for employees, new employees, candidates, managers, HR professionals as well as other internal and external business partners and third party entities handling customer service inquiries related to human resources systems, processes and programs.
- This role requires knowledge and expertise in areas covering benefits, payroll, employee onboarding, HR data, HR policies, and HR systems, including data entry for hire-to-retire transactions such as new hires, promotions, transfers, manager and cost center changes as well as employee terminations.
- Provide quality customer service in response to inquiries made via phone, email or case management tool from employees, managers, HR professionals and internal business partners as well as external business contacts.
- Must have the ability to remain focused, professional, tactful and discrete when handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team environment with general direction while providing support to peers.
- The ability to develop technical knowledge of the various human resource, timekeeping, benefit and payroll systems.
- Scheduling pre-employment activities including background checks and drug screens.
- Prepare onboarding materials and scheduling of day one activities for new hires.
- Responsible for collection of I-9 documentation and confirming employment eligibility through E-Verify for U.S. new hires.
- Partner with recruiters to assist and support recruiting activities, including posting job requisitions, screening resumes, tracking and reporting recruiting activities.
- Partner with hiring managers, interview teams and administrative assistants to schedule interviews in a timely manner
- Create and schedule travel itineraries and candidate expenses, as needed
- Meet and greet candidates on interview dates
- Organize and maintain department records complying with record retention guidelines
- Participate in other departmental responsibilities as assigned.
- 4+ years experience in an HR support role
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to follow strict policy guidelines and recognize situations requiring escalation
- Call center or shared services experience
- Possess strong computer skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow standard procedures and scripts
- Ability to navigate computerized data entry systems and other relevant applications such as SAP, Success Factors or Kronos
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong team player and effective in building relationships with others
- Exceptional time management, organization, multi-tasking and problem solving capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas