This job is currently Archived,
Specialist HR Central - Ireland
Posted on : 25 April 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders.
- Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, to treat patients.
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.
- The HR Shared Services Tier 1 Support Specialist plays a vital role serving as the primary contact for employees, managers, HR professionals as well as other internal and external business partners and third party entities handling customer service inquiries related to human resources systems, processes and programs.
- This role requires knowledge and expertise in areas covering benefits, payroll, employee onboarding, HR data, HR policies, and HR systems, including data entry for hire-to-retire transactions such as new hires, promotions, transfers, manager and cost center changes as well as employee terminations.
- Provide quality customer service in response to inquiries made via phone, email or case management tool from employees, managers, HR professionals and internal business partners as well as external business contacts.
- Exercises judgment while using procedures, policies and documents to determine appropriate action.
- Research routine to complex questions and problems and provide appropriate responses or escalate as appropriate.
- Accurately logs all cases received via phone or e-mail into the case management system.
- Must meet established key performance metric standards.
- Must have the ability to remain focused, professional, tactful and discrete when handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team environment with general direction while providing support to peers.
- Participate in other departmental responsibilities as assigned.
- The ability to develop technical knowledge of the various human resource, timekeeping, benefit and payroll systems.
- Must have the ability to develop internal and external working relationships while researching solutions to complex employee issues.
- Scheduling pre-employment activities including background checks and drug screens.
- Prepare onboarding materials and scheduling of day one activities for new hires.
- Responsible for collection of I-9 documentation and confirming employment eligibility through E-Verify for U.S. new hires.
- 4+ years experience in an HR support or generalist role
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to follow strict policy guidelines and recognize situations requiring escalation
- Call center or shared services experience
- Possess strong computer skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow standard procedures and scripts
- Ability to navigate computerized data entry systems and other relevant applications such as SAP, Success Factors or Kronos
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Ensures Accountability
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Cultivates Innovation