This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 25 April 2017
- The Specialist, Employee & Labor Relations is responsible for managing Employee Relations cases for designated workforce group(s) and may assist ER/LR Managers in specific Labor Relations activities.
- Management of Employee Relations includes, but is not limited to assistance with complex employment policy interpretation, workforce grievances, advice of management on discipline, coaching and training managers and employees and driving adherence to standards.
- They are responsible for using standard tools, processes and guidelines to research/investigate concerns, to identify policy violations and evaluate findings to ensure appropriate actions are consistently administered.
- They operate as a steward for the company, escalating matters of concern as necessary to ensure that the interest of the company is protected.
- The Specialist, Employee & Labor Relations manages assigned cases to ensure appropriate resolution of service requests within defined time periods, levels of accuracy and quality standards and customer satisfaction levels.
- They treat the workforce with dignity and respect, maintaining high levels of confidentiality, trust and integrity in the handling of sensitive matters.
- They adhere to established standards and guideline.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to Employee Relations requests from customers (prioritizing as appropriate) and executes on the key tasks and activities in accordance with defined procedures and guidelines.
- Develop and manage investigation plans (assignment of proper resources; identification of witnesses and key individuals; method, order and timing of interviews; identification of evidence to gather, maintaining contact with case owner, manager and key stakeholders.
- Identify relevant policies and practices to determining whether violation of policies or practices occurred
- Assist with the development of performance improvement plans (PIP) and Corrective Action steps; Review to determine if suitable, reasonable, measurable and actionable
- Handle and prepare legal claims, lawsuits etc. related to ER cases, together with manager and external legal advisor / partner or law department.
- Provide insights and intelligence with respect to trends and opportunities
- Communicate and interact effectively with customers and team members; develop credibility and trust relationships with customers, supervisors, and team members.
- Interact and interface with customers, vendors, service providers, and other third parties as applicable in relation to the activities and dependencies.
- Investigate issue areas and determine methods of mitigation in order to resolve problems within acceptable timeframes, routing or escalating inquiries as appropriate in order to achieve effective and timely resolution.
- Contribute to scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve performance and promote continuous learning
- Develop and provide trainings to managers
- Follow up on employment law and determine need for policy adjustments, new policies, trainings
- Interact with union delegation members in individual ER cases
- Support ER / LR manager in CBA negotiation
- Assist and encourage users / customers to make effective use of self-service options, systems, products, services, etc. in order to drive rapid resolution and empower customers; educate and inform customers of the full range of services available to them.
- Contribute positively to a knowledge sharing environment by documenting and sharing all relevant working experiences for knowledge database future reference.
- Comply with documentation and retention guidelines
- Identify areas for improvement on daily operational processes and provide support to implement these initiatives by highlighting and discussing key changes/improvement programs with the Cluster Employee Relations Lead.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation in accordance with guidelines on a timely manner, complying with the Service Level Agreements
- Take ownership of all assigned tasks, initiatives, and inquiries and make sure that they are resolved / completed efficiently and with a superior level of quality.
- Attend to and process customer inquiries and request by applying Employee Relations standard operating procedures and utilizing problem solving skills for resolution.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform special projects and related duties as assigned
- Work in collaboration with other team members to execute tasks and fulfill key deliverables, seeking input and assistance as needed.
- Establish and maintain a confidential and sensitive work environment, focusing on customer service by handling all customer requests in a professional manner.
- Conduct environmental scans and participate in significant workplace events (such as the planning and execution of reorganizations, merger & acquisitions ( M&A s), etc. at the cluster/country level
- Required Minimum Education: University/Bachelor s Degree or equivalent
- Required Years of Related Experience: 2+ years of related experience
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Uncompromised requirements for the role):
- 2+ years HR experience with a concentration in Employee Relations, Labor Relations, and HR Generalist experience researching, investigating, and addressing employee misconduct and below job performance standards; providing guidance to management
- Demonstrates customer orientation and excellent customer service skills
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; manages internal communications and external/client communications with detailed support and assistance
- Demonstrated understanding how work and local activities integrate with other HR functional work and in alignment with HR standards.
- Discretion, professionalism, confidentiality and judgment
- Excellent telephone manner with clear, concise and professional communication skills
- Ability to accurately collect information in order to understand and assess the clients needs and situation
- Will be trusted to secure and maintain confidential information
- Ability to prioritize workload and provide timely follow-up and resolution
- Computer literate with knowledge of common office productivity software and the ability to learn customer service software applications ( e.g., MS Office, email, fax, Internet Explorer)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, self-directed team-based environment
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Ability to perform administrative activities
- Experience partnering internally and externally to address people-related challenges
- Uses a collaborative and employee and customer-focused mindset
- Understand short-term and long-term implications of decisions and actions
- Basic understanding of business, financial and organizational factors in relation to HR activities
- Experience with tools to report data, track and analyze trends
- Deliver exceptional service through tools and processes; experience suggesting areas for improvement on to support continuous improvement effort
- Preferred Minimum Education: University/Bachelor s Degree or equivalent or HR Certification
- Preferred Area of Study: HR, Psych, Employment Law or related discipline is preferred
- Preferred Related Industry Experience: Healthcare or related Industry
- Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- PHR / SPHR or similar certification
- Experience using Case Management tools
- Experience with continuous improvement and quality, such as Six Sigma or Lean Methodology
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Employment laws and practices
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Find a Job Find Candidates