Specialist, Employee Engagement - Diversity & Inclusion - Global Technology Operations Job - Czechia
MSD’s vision is to make a difference in the lives of people globally through our innovative medicines, vaccines, and animal health products. We are committed to being the premier, research intensive biopharmaceutical company and are dedicated to providing leading innovations and solutions for today and tomorrow. In order to reach our vision, MSD is transforming all aspects of our business and culture. There is unprecedented demand for enterprise information technology coming from our core business divisions as well as from new markets and new products. We are in the process of maturing our Hub IT Operating Model to meet the demands of a global biopharmaceutical business. The realization of the Hub IT model will be focused on aligning & prioritizing the Global Hub IT strategies in partnership with the broader MSD business and IT organization to drive realization of key MSD business objectives.
The Position (Specialist, Employee Engagement - Diversity & Inclusion - Global Technology Operations)
We are seeking an Employee Engagement - Diversity & Inclusion Specialist who will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of programs that promote inclusion and diversity across the Global IT Hub Community. This role is responsible for developing initiatives to create and foster an open and inclusive environment between and within the IT hubs and the larger IT organization.
The incumbent will collaborate across the entire IT organization to help the management team and Human Resources teams understand opportunities and actively implement and drive programs that enhance diversity and inclusion across the IT Hub Community.
• Assists with the development of policies and programs to attract, retain and promote moves of a diverse workforce capable of sharing knowledge and experience within IT hubs
• Build a sharing and inclusive workforce by promoting the inclusion strategy within human resources, operational leadership and recruitment
• Keeps current on company’s programs and developments by maintaining contact with other related departments (e.g., Diversity, Recruitment, and Marketing) and others in the field (e.g., professional association and educational groups, and professional development efforts).
• Supports the Global Hub Connect Initiative, bringing to life all aspects of diversity and inclusion.
• Develop and maintain a Buddy Program globally for moves between and within IT hubs in order to support employees on their moves and promote inclusive and environment opened to sharing experience
• Monitors employees’ moves between IT hubs and works with the Employee Engagement lead to recommend initiatives and programs.
• Works with local and global communications teams to deliver inclusive communications strategy internally and externally through presentations, articles, webcasts, intranet and other means of communication
• Focus on employment branding and employee value proposition including the need for employees sharing capabilities, knowledge and experience
• Working with the Employee Engagement Lead, develop and execute activities and projects related to the concept of the “Workplace as an Experience” which includes:
o Focus on creating a compelling employee experience for the IT Hub community.
o Lead cultural awareness and leadership training with focus on cross-hub engagement & collaboration.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• MS Degree or MBA or equivalent with relevant experience in Human Resources Management Communications, Psychology, Sociology or equivalent experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
• 5+ years International and/or Foreign working experience
• Experience working for and between international companies
• Experience with diversity and cross-cultural programs
• Continuous Learning, global HR Management, Organizational Awareness
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary corporate environment
• Fluent English
• Strong communication (written, oral, presentation), negotiation, influencing and relationship skills along with high personal integrity, credibility, and energy.
• Knowledge of cultural and gender policies and impact
• Ability to work well in a team environment and develop working relationships with IT functional areas in achieving consistent approach to attraction and retention of the best talent.
• Interpersonal Savvy/ Communication/ Networking
• Motivated to make a difference in human health
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Business Consulting Job Title:Specialist, Employee Engagement - Diversity & Inclusion - Global Technology Operations
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Diversity, Consulting, Operations, Human Resources, Research, Technology