This job is currently Archived,
Specialist Data Sciences (Real World Data) Berlin Germany,
Posted on : 01 May 2017
- Our company is one of the world s leading independent biotechnology companies.
- For more than 35 years, our company has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient.
- Our company has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
- Our company is seeking a Specialist Data Sciences (Real World Data) at its tech hub at Germany.
- The incumbent will work within the Center for Observational Research (CfOR), report to a Director, Observational Research.
- This position will be primarily accountable for the selection of data management, data quality, data visualization and data analysis strategies for digital products.
- This role is recognized as a scientific contributor and is a first or contributing author for papers in peer reviewed journals or for internal reports that enhance the company s mission.
- Travel: International and domestic travel of 10-20% might be essential.
- Conduct research to the highest standards of the profession
- Researching and selecting appropriate data sources, acquisition and cleaning
- Maintaining, curating and developing data assets for use in digital healthcare devices and products
- Using quantitative techniques to understand and discover useful information from biological data and lead development of data visualization efforts
- Developing predictive analytics models using biological data
- Assessing , developing and executing data privacy compliance programs
- Advising on Minimum Viable Product definition and product design
- Delivering digital tools that are able to deliver personalized insights to patients and physicians and that enable post-hoc analysis, correlation and new insights to improve patient care
- Set annual product-specific and personal goals and provide input into observational research department meetings
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in the fields of data science, observational research and drug development and contribute to the field.
- Promote data science awareness and understanding and use of state of the art data science methods
- Promote knowledge of Machine Learning and use of state of the art Learning algorithms
- Communicate significant scientific information to a variety of audiences
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of data sciences and/or scientific/observational research experience
- OR Master s degree and 4 years of data sciences and/or scientific/observational research experience
- OR Bachelor s degree and 6 years of data sciences and/or scientific/observational research experience
- OR Associate s degree and 10 years of data sciences and/or scientific/observational research experience
- OR High school diploma/GED and 12 years of data sciences and/or scientific/observational research experience
- Doctorate or Master s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology or other subject with high data sciences content or Medical degree with observational research/data sciences experience
- 3 years experience in data sciences and/or predictive analytics
- Record of publications in data science or clinical journals
- 1 year experience with Medical or Doctoral degree
- Experience with the following:Data visualization experience with tools such as Spotfire or Tableau
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, R, MATLAB
- research to support drug development
- observational research project planning and management
- working in multi-disciplinary teams
Find a Job Find Candidates