Merck Sharp & Dohme’s (MSD) Regional Delivery Centers (RDC), located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – APAC, Malaysia will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across MSD business divisions and markets for the APAC region.
The Controls Specialist will assist in the delivery and execution of Internal Controls & Documentation for all markets that the RDC in Malaysia supports in the APAC region. Responsibilities include supporting Controls & Documentation across all service delivery inclusive of ATR, OTC and STS processes. The objective of this role is to enable the RDC work streams to sustain control activities and documentation.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Demonstrate knowledge of Internal Control environment, operational controls documentation and adhering to compliance requirements.
• Support documentation of controls key and non- key enabling completeness of Controls environment to both MSD country and market leadership
• Develop a good understanding of the overall Finance organization and broader MSD business in the APAC region
• Support the execution of the vision and strategy of Controls from a systems, process, policy, and procedures perspective
• Understand the functionality, interfaces, and interdependencies of MSD’s financial processes and systems; ensure the existence of adequate internal controls
• Support Controls across multiple stakeholders including Market Controllers, RDC staff , Process Stewards and MCAAS. Support adoption global practices to operate in an efficient and cost effective manner and achieve ongoing operational efficiency targets
• Highlight complex Control issues which require to be addressed.
• Maintain complete and accurate standard operating procedures and related internal control documentation
• Support the Control environment related to ARCHER, Process flows, FCQ, Self-assessments and BCP documents
• Work closely with other team members to effectively manage workload and gain exposure to multiple finance and business disciplines within MSD
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a shared service department of a multinational company including demonstrated experience in dealing with ex-US accounting
• Business-level English and Mandarin language skills (speaking and writing) required
• Experience using SAP ERP system
• Experience with US GAAP desired
• Experience with non-US GAAP environments
• Experience with Financial Controls
• Experience working with global cultures
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required
• Demonstrated commitment to education and professional development
• Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive management style to implement new processes
Job: Shared Services Job Title:Spclst, Shared Svcs Finance
Primary Location: APAC-MY-B-Petaling Jaya
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Accounting, ERP, SAP, Finance, Technology