Specialist, Business Analyst - MMD IT Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Business Analyst will work as a member of the MMD IT Analytics team. The Business Analyst will possess/acquire sound understanding of key processes in Plan, Source, Make, Deliver functions of manufacturing. Under the direction of the Account Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for working with business stakeholders to facilitate discussions that elicit information needs to support key business processes. (S)he will document these requirements to Merck SDLC standards and work with platform leaders and Client Service Leaders in IT hubs to help develop the solutions to satisfy these needs.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Participate in project scoping discussions and document and review scope to help finalize it
- Engage business stakeholders in details of functional and user experience requirements, document and review these requirements to help finalize them
- Develop prototypes in MS Office, Spotfire and other technologies to help elicit requirements
- Work with platform and solution teams to help them understand the business capability needs and help review solution options to ensure match with the need
- Be first point of contact for solution team for any business requirements related questions
- Participate in test planning and testing to be the first line of validation of the solution
- Plan and facilitate user acceptance testing
The incumbent must work closely with various stakeholders in MMD, including Analytics CoE in supply chain organization, IT leadership and peers to understand the key business capabilities required, assess the current state, and align target state with the business strategy.
Position is located in West Point, PA/Whitehouse Station, NJ.
- BA/BS in Business Management, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and define business problems, develop business cases, and identify appropriate process and technology solutions
- Experience working with the details of global business process and solutions that support it and understanding of process and solution variability across geographies and business models
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including collaboration, facilitation and negotiation.
- Experience with business process definition, key performance indicator identification for business processes, and business capabilities definition.
- Ability to gain knowledge, as it relates to client business processes and the current business environment in which they operate in, and initiate improvements.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in Merck Manufacturing processes and systems.
- Knowledge of Merck Sigma
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Account Management
Job Title:Spclst, IT Account Management
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Supply, Computer Science, Testing, Business Analyst, Supply Chain, Operations, Technology