Specialist Brands Key Account Manager (West Midlands/Home Counties) Endon United Kingdom,
We are seeking individuals that are patient focused and passionate about making a difference to patient lives, whom can use their expertise to optimise our existing business. We are looking for motivated, driven, customer focused and proactive Key Account Managers with the ability to inspire, influence and engage with a diverse range of senior stakeholders and Key Opinion Leaders to join our successful Specialist Brands field based team and take Astellas forward into our exciting future.
Astellas has an established heritage in developing novel medicines in complex disease areas. Astellas’ approach is to look to develop targeted treatments for patients with specific disease profiles, identify modes of action with wide application and to build on its established scientific leadership. Astellas aims to deliver first in class and/or best in class treatments for patients.
Specialist Brands Key Account Manager (West Midlands/Home Counties)
Field based (must live within the territory)
Your role as Key Account Manager, Specialty Brands
To drive product usage in order to achieve and exceed sales, market share and profitability targets across the territory.
· Responsible for the development of business within the territory, achieving and exceeding sales, market share and profit targets
· Develop and implement robust and effective account plans and ensure delivery to agreed timescales against key performance indicators, including performance management of multiple projects in line with identified objectives
· Work with internal peers and stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of account plans, overcome any obstacles, and ultimately exceed targets
· Build strong and lasting relationships with relevant customers, and support them appropriately for the good of the patient, the customer and Astellas
· Identify and define support needs where there are points of commonality or synergy across the other Business Franchises
· Maintain high levels of disease area and product, NHS and customer knowledge at all times and participate in training programmes, as appropriate
· Efficiently and effectively manage local budgets according to local business plans, customer needs and changing business needs, dependant on the changing NHS or internal demands
· Ensure that all administration tasks are completed and targets are met – Project plans, Veeva, expenses, customer records etc.
· Be aware of, and comply with, the Astellas Way and Astellas Competences, in terms of expected values and behaviours, Astellas HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Attend internal and external business meetings, seminars, sales conferences and other events which may involve overnight stays and regular travel across the UK (and occasionally abroad)
· Maintain a level of IT competence which enables use of company communication and reporting systems and utilisation of relevant Microsoft Office e.g. excel based programmes for monitoring sales, investment return etc.
. Undertake any other appropriate tasks as may arise from time to time e.g. task force participation or liaising with other departments
· Embed Compliance Culture across all areas of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
· Ensure adherence to Astellas policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards.
· Have excellent knowledge of, and ensure compliance with the PMCPA code of conduct as well as Astellas company standards.
Skills & Experience Required
· NHS and Pharmaceutical Knowledge
· Key Account Management Ability
· Successful Sales Record in Pharmaceuticals
· Knowledge of therapy area an advantage
· Educated to degree level (or equivalent) – able to cope with detailed science/medicine.
· Full and detailed understanding of the NHS and the commercial implications for Pharma companies.
· ABPI qualified
· IT competent in the use of email, Microsoft Office and experience of CRM system.
· Experience in selling within a specialist therapeutic area in secondary care an advantage
· A challenging and diversified job in an international setting
· Good career opportunities
· Inspiring work climate
· Attractive remuneration package
Find a Job Find Candidates