Specialist Brands Key Account Manager - United Kingdom
To drive product usage in order to achieve and exceed sales, market share and profitability targets across the territory.
Core Tasks, Responsibilities and Authority:
- Embed Compliance Culture across all areas of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to company policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards.
- Have excellent knowledge of, and ensure compliance with the ABPI Code of Practice
- Responsible for the development of business within the territory, achieving and exceeding sales, market share and profit targets
- Develop and implement robust and effective account plans and ensure delivery to agreed timescales against key performance indicators, including performance management of multiple projects in line with identified objectives
- Work with internal peers and stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of account plans, overcome any obstacles, and ultimately exceed targets
- Build strong and lasting relationships with relevant customers, and support them appropriately for the good of the patient, the customer and company
- Identify and define support needs where there are points of commonality or synergy across the other Business Franchises
Maintain high levels of disease area and product, NHS and customer knowledge at all times and participate in training programmes, as appropriate
Efficiently and effectively manage local budgets according to local business plans, customer needs and changing business needs, dependent on the changing NHS or internal demands Ensure that all administration tasks are completed and targets are met – Project plans, Veeva, expenses, customer records etc.
- Be aware of, and comply with, the company Way and Competences, in terms of expected values and behaviors, HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Attend internal and external business meetings, seminars, sales conferences and other events which may involve overnight stays and regular travel across the UK (and occasionally abroad)
- Maintain a level of IT competence which enables use of company communication and reporting systems and utilization of relevant Microsoft Office e.g. excel based programmes for monitoring sales, investment return etc.
- Undertake any other appropriate tasks as may arise from time to time e.g. task force participation or liaising with other departments
Compliance TRAINING Category: TBC
Sales market share profitability budgetary management
Internal Employees at all levels within the UK
External External suppliers and consultants
Specific Physical Abilities:
This role is field based and travel can be expected within UK and Europe, occasional intercontinental travel may be required
Specific Environmental Factors:
Field based role Willing to work such additional hours as required by the business.
Competencies | Experience
- Acts to support a culture where everything is done to enhance value to patients.
- Intentional about meeting/exceeding customer expectations.
- Proactively seeks feedback to improve service provision.
- Understands how personal/team objectives contribute to company’s strategy and functional goals.
- Balances ‘bigger picture’ goals and operational requirements, overcoming challenges/barriers to delivery.
Innovation & Change:
- Identifies improvements and generates new ideas, methods or solutions.
- Positively embraces change.
- Continuous improvement approach; takes personal ownership to improve ways of working and leverage/share best practice.
Ability to work autonomously and make evidence-based decisions: judgement to know when to seek guidance or escalate Methodical with ability to prioritise and meet deadlines. Tenacious to follow up and resolve outstanding matters and explore options. Excellent attention to detail and financial awareness (raise/process/track Purchase Orders etc.)
(Intermediate stage) to type/ create and edit reports, trackers etc. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and eLearning and online systems (e.g. LMS, ZINC, TMF etc databases). Intranet and web. Good written and verbal communications including ability to prepare updates, summaries, emails to employees and managements.
Communication & Collaboration:
Collaborates: values others views and perspective. Able to challenge respectfully and propose alternative solutions. Proactively shares knowledge, and adapts approach to build consensus and respect diverse views and cultures.
Developing & Inspiring:
Proactively shares knowledge and best practice and encourages others to develop. Learns from own/others experience and proactively seeks to develop personal capability. Regularly seeks feedback on personal contribution and growth areas.
Takes personal ownership and acts as a role model of ethics and compliance treating everyone with respect. Provides honest, constructive and timely feedback. Seeks feedback on own contribution and ways of working.
- Integrity in application of Sales activities in line with compliance standards Key Account Management
- Account Planning Advanced Selling Skills Project Management Financial Analysis of sales data | NHS and Pharmaceutical Knowledge Key Account Management
- Ability Successful Sales Record in Pharmaceuticals Knowledge of therapy area an advantage
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) – able to cope with detailed science/medicine.
- Full and detailed understanding of the NHS and the commercial implications for Pharma companies.
- ABPI qualified IT competent in the use of email, Microsoft Office and experience of CRM systems
- Experience in selling within a specialist therapeutic area in secondary care an advantage