Coordinates activities involved with purchasing and planning of goods, services and commodities of strategic importance to the company Life Sciences & Technology (LST) instrumentation product lines working with a global supplier base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedules.
- Runs and sends suppliers Open Order, Past Due Orders, Supplier Requirements.
- Reschedules purchase orders in the ERP system in a timely manner.
- Interfaces directly with staff and suppliers to resolve order status, discrepancies, past due items and schedule/date changes.
- Develop and refine materials shortage notification and fulfillment processes.
- Runs, compiles and distributes reports and databases related to inventory, open Purchase Orders, bookings, backlog, shipments and suppliers.
- Develop and administrate reports and databases to support multiple business functions as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and purchase specifications.
- Ability to effectively present information, and respond to inquiries from management, suppliers, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization may exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Highly effective time management skills
- Commitment to customer excellence with demonstrated ethics and integrity
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team