Sourcing Specialist, R&D Procurement Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This is an entry-level position for a person interested in developing a procurement career in the pharmaceutical industry. The selected candidate will provide procurement and data analytics support for outsourced non-interventional clinical trials and/or related services. This includes sourcing of and contracting with service providers utilizing the Sourcing Management Process for strategic analysis of suppliers, supply markets and supply chains.
This role works closely with internal stakeholders in the research, procurement and finance organizations to achieve cross-functional business objectives. This role is responsible for ensuring supplier contracts meet compliance and business requirements, minimizes risk to the company and supports MRL and Procurement objectives.
- Sourcing Support – help develop and execute Requests for Information (RFIs) and Proposals (RFPS) and analyze responses in a structured manner
- Stakeholder Support - provide appropriate guidance around budgetary and contractual impacts of decisions/actions as part of a cross-functional team. Appropriately escalate issues and concerns to procurement management and other functional SMEs.
- Contract Execution and Management - prepare, finesse, and implement appropriate forms of contract and commitment with suppliers involving legal counsel, functional Subject Matter Experts and senior management as needed.
- Budget Negotiation - conduct negotiations with suppliers based on detailed analysis of study specifications, supplier costs and internal benchmarks.
- Sourcing Process development - Learn and apply the Sourcing Management Process by assisting the sourcing team develop new category strategy
- Supplier Performance Management – help monitor, report, manage and continuously improve supplier performance as part of a cross-functional team.
- Supplier and Supply Market Analysis – help evaluate suppliers and supply markets based on facts and data, with the objective of providing deep and meaningful insight to Sourcing Management teams.
- Category Team Membership – learn and apply the Sourcing Management Process as an active member of a category team to influence the development and optimization of ongoing supplier and sourcing strategies.
- Best Practice Sharing – generate work of a world class quality that is shared and transferred to colleagues throughout procurement.
- Required: BS/BA
- Preferred: MBA or advanced degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in roles such as, but not limited to, clinical research, financial planning, procurement, project management and/or supply chain management.
- Experience in managing sponsor/supplier interactions in roles such as, but not limited to, business development, project management, contract management or relationship management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be adaptable and accountable in dealing with ambiguous and complex environments.
- Superior analytical skills in evaluating complex research services budgets, comparing supplier bids and internal benchmarking data.
- Able to effectively lead work within diverse cross-functional teams to achieve client, department and company goals.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and negotiate with suppliers in the context of a challenging R&D environment.
- Knowledge of the clinical trials process and outsourced clinical services
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Technical Procurement
Job Title:Spclst, Procurement
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point, NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Procurement, Business Development, Pharmaceutical, Supply, Operations, Sales, Science, Research