This job is currently Archived,
Sourcing Specialist - Canada
Posted on : 02 May 2017
- As the Senior Sourcing Specialist, this position will be responsible for analyzing the assigned site category spends, developing key sourcing strategies, leading long term supplier negotiations and leading/executing key projects to meet the site’s material productivity performance goals. This position will also work closely with R&D on NPIs to ensure projects are launched meeting the margins targets, timelines and with global preferred production suppliers.
- Contract Negotiations and contract formalization to secure Long Term Agreements.
- Sourcing role for NPI’s or product transfers as appropriate.
- Develop strategies and actions to mitigate and control inflation.
- Bench marking of existing supplier price performance against potential new suppliers in the market through comparative analysis. Incorporating lower cost markets (LCC), Eastern Europe, Asia for potential supply.
- With existing, preferred suppliers securing best price through supplier negotiations and collaboration to include value engineering, other opportunities including benchmarking to prove competitive advantage.
- RFQ, PPV and VE reporting and analysis on a monthly basis, actual to forecast to target.
- Producing inputs for site monthly performance reviews.
- Project management of sourcing projects such as global bid events, make-buy insourcing & value engineering cost reduction projects.
- Vendor Rationalisation.
- >6 years’ experience in similar role.
- Experience in contracts negotiations.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Solid technical knowledge of manufacturing materials and production process.
- Past experience of product transfers and NPI’s.
- Skilled in generating savings and margin expansion.
- Experienced and skilled in global, low cost country supplier sourcing.
- Decision Making / Problem Solving. Has the ability to collate information, analyse and make decisions based on experience and commercial judgment
- Possess past experience/responsibility for making decisions that has significant impact on an organization’s operational and financial performance.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and other standard MS business applications.
- SAP knowledge preferred/beneficial.
- Both team oriented and can work independently.
- Minimum of BA in business or technical related field. ISM Certified purchasing accreditation a plus.