This role will support the Category Lead on major category-related projects and be accountable for leading all supply-related aspects for given sub-category groupings and as such, to ensure the business derives industry leading value whilst maintaining alignment with business needs. Category success will be viewed through the delivery of competitive long-term strategic targets and objectives, development of best practice sourcing capabilities and market knowledge and through the realisation of procurement synergies across the Regional & Global footprint of Astellas.
The core tasks and responsibilities will be to:
Support/Lead Global/Regional sourcing initiatives with accountability to work with the Business Units/Functional Areas & key stakeholders to deliver industry leading value and relevant functional, business and performance objectives through the use of a wide range of value levers
- Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure Commercial Development Function strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
- Ensure adherence to Astellas policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs).
- Undertake data analysis and engage with internal stakeholders in order to generate ideas and opportunities and ensure the Category strategy and plans are aligned to functional and business targets
- Support, negotiate and develop contract framework including Master Service Agreements, Service Level Agreement templates with key/relevant suppliers and ensure full implementation
- Manage the risk associated with the category spend, deploying analytical tools and data sources to assess risk, recommend action, manage market volatility and optimise cost
- For all relevant Global/Regional projects, deliver a robust implementation to maximise value and deliver contract compliance – should also include ongoing monitoring
- Work with global/regional Procurement teams and cross-functional business partners to rationalise and simplify processes and data in order to reduce complexity and integrate legacy/new businesses to the ‘Astellas Way’
- Represent Astellas at industry and Procurement conferences and events to identify new potential sources of supply, key external relationships and to build credentials as a leading practice Procurement organisation
- Establish Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement plans in order to create positive working relationships with key relevant stakeholders, leveraging these relationships to influence and win support for Procurement Transformation
- Drive level of Procurement influenced compliant spend through introduction of effective control mechanisms and reduction of ‘maverick’ spend
- Ensure suppliers understand Astellas policies and introduce compliance reporting
- Provide transparent reporting to Global/Regional Business & Procurement leaders in order to clearly track performance and associated Risks/Opportunities
- Ensure consistent procurement processes are undertaken to select 3rd parties that provide optimum value and quality for the business. This will include as appropriate, supplier segmentation, assessment of supplier risk, objective evaluation, financial analysis, commercial negotiation and contract generation