Solutions Consultant - Texas Region Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Solutions Consultant serves as the primary subject matter expert to internal colleagues and Merck’s top US customers assigned to Account Executives in the areas of healthcare market trends, population health management and Merck capabilities with regard to unbranded solutions plus other intellectual capital assets, all aimed at improving patient health outcomes. Solutions Consultant employs a market based approach to account management by engaging with customers across multiple healthcare segments, possesses thorough knowledge and understanding of their needs to improve patient health outcomes, and aligns approved solutions plus other relevant intellectual capital assets to design and implement longitudinal solution plans in an effort to help customers achieve optimal patient health outcomes. More specifically, this position:
- Reports to the Solution Consultant Leader in the field.
- Serves as an internal consultant to the Integrated Account Management Account Executives and their Market Leaders responsible for top US customers across multiple healthcare segments, namely health plans, hospitals, integrated delivery systems and employers, helps them stay current with relevant healthcare trends, and aligns appropriate solution assets to assist their customers in improving patient health outcomes.
- Extends the same consulting services, when requested, to other groups within Merck whose customers also consider population health management as a business priority, such as Vaccine Organization, Oncology Key Account Management Group and Retail Pharmacy Group, to name a few.
- Provides guidance to Account Executives in the selection and application of solutions to ensure that our interaction with customers are always aligned with Merck values, standards, and policies.
- Provides expertise in developing a longitudinal solution plan that aligns with the Account Executive's account plan and strategy.
- Demonstrates leadership among account management team peers by consistently communicating a clear and appropriate solution driven strategy for each assigned account and ensuring the efficient and effective use of approved Merck resources to achieve business objectives consistent with Merck policies and becomes a trusted resource for the customer to help improve patient health outcomes.
- Champions the solution driven strategy focusing on patient health outcomes by reinforcing the guiding principles supporting the design and implementation of solutions.
- Shares best practice examples with extended account team members related to solution plan development and execution consistent with approved policies.
- Ensures that account team members adhere to all required policies, business practices and compliance guidelines governing the use of solution assets.
- Takes the lead in the utilization and/or implementation of Solutions Consultant specific assets such as Quality Improvement Service Agreement, Quality Practice Navigator, Quality Measures Navigator and Quality Compass Data.
Territory: Texas Region
Travel % varies based on the candidates' location in territory.
The ideal residence would be in the territory
- Required: BS/BA
- Preferred: Advanced Degree in Allied Healthcare Professional, Science, Public Health or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer facing roles including sales leadership, health science liaison, account management working with thought leaders or highly influential customers in integrated delivery systems, hospitals or managed care organizations
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in demonstrated leadership roles with or without position authority
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with highly progressive and complex customers
- Innovative thinking, superb business acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and distill complex scientific and public health related concepts and then communicate them to diverse audiences
- Deep understanding of healthcare market dynamics and trends
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong project management and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a variety of disciplines and cultures
- Proven leadership in peer relationship management and demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals in different reporting structures within the same organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform at a high level of autonomy
- Strong understanding of compliance-related concepts including the laws, regulations and policies that govern pharmaceutical marketing and sales activities and the importance of compliance in all job-related functions
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word &, Outlook
- Valid Driver's License
- Travel (%) varies depending on candidates location in territory
- Working knowledge of population health management concepts
- In-depth understanding of integrated delivery system market
- In-depth understanding of managed care market
- Experience in healthcare related marketing, strategy development, quality improvement, IT management, operations management and business development
- Experience working in a healthcare delivery system or a managed care organization
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Account Management Generic
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Account Management
Primary Location: NA-US-TX-Dallas
Other Locations: NA-United States
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Consultant, Consulting, Oncology, Pharmaceutical Sales, Pharmaceutical, Contract, Healthcare, Sales, Science