Solution Architect, Pharmacovigilance - United States
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness;
- this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy.
- Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our company's Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world.
- Ours is a high-energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing our company’s contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
Under the leadership of the Global Development IT Platform Architect, the Solution Architect , Pharmacovigilance will:
- Lead and design platform architecture that will enable best-in-class IT capabilities supporting our company’s Pharmacovigilance business processes.
- Map and drive IT solution implementations through global, cross-functional teams composed of members from our company Global Regulatory, Safety and Medical Affairs business areas, strategic vendor partners, and industry peers & stakeholders.
- Drive high-level design of strategic global solutions to enable new opportunities through proof-of-concept efforts, industry benchmarking and Life Sciences coalition groups.
- Be responsible for the delivery of architectural artifacts including business process architecture diagrams, capability and solution road-maps, and contribute to shaping the future state of the safety platform
- Understand and explore industry technologies that are available, in-use, or coming soon. Maintain strong relationships with key vendors, influence vendor’s strategic road-maps and provide transparency around platform road-maps aligning with business capability road-maps.
- Contribute to the enterprise architecture community in order to facilitate knowledge sharing and build a common architecture principles and guidelines
- Partner with our company’s Program Management Office (PMO) to align all efforts and ideas to the approved portfolio.
- Learn and understand the specific product, integration and architectural challenges that face the PV business area, collaborate with Safety Delivery Leads to deliver high quality solutions and leverage platforms to enable the PV business in achieving their goals.
- Minimum 5 years of solution architecture, technical architecture, analysis and solution delivery experience in the IT industry.
- Proven success in driving and maintaining solution capability and architectural roadmaps focused on Safety domain [Oracle ARGUS suite of products] and enablement.
- Strong business architecture skills, safety domain knowledge, process understanding, regulatory submissions exposure, system architecture skills with analytical thinking for problem solving is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with both a business and a technical audience, and a demonstrated ability to influence business process discussions, decision making with business partners and communicating effectively with a broad level of business and IT partners including vendors as well as functional area managers.
- Strong organization, influencing, and follow up skills are also critical for this role.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle ARGUS Safety, Empirica Signalling, EMC InputAccel.Knowledge and experience with Application design, development, testing and implementation in external hosting and cloud environments.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time