This job is currently Archived,
Software Verification Specialist, Mass Spectroscopy Caledon Canada,
Posted on : 30 June 2017
- Provide Software Validation Testing role for software development in innovating and developing Mass Spec applications involving company Mass Spec instruments. The role will include close collaborations with software teams within company , laboratories, customers and business teams.
- The Diagnostics Software Product team is seeking a full time Software Validation Tester to join our Mass Spec Software Development team.
- This individual will be part of a dynamic group of engineers responsible for gathering product requirements and specs, designing, documenting, developing, deploying, validating, and supporting company Mass Spec software suite applications.
- Our team provides software applications and tools that manage our Mass Spec instruments and integration of our Mass Spec instruments with our diagnostic software suite of applications that help enable the early detection of certain life-threatening genetic and metabolic disorders in newborn babies. If detected and treated soon enough, most babies will be able to live healthy, normal lives. To learn more about newborn screening please visit http://www.savebabies.org/.
- This Software Validation Tester position requires constant team interactions. In this position you will gain experience on how to write test plans using the gathered and analyzed requirements, design specs, and use cases to execute test plans for delivering software applications that meet standards and comply with regulations. You will also gain hands on experience on how to use SOPs and templates to create and execute validation steps, and how to compile these steps into test plans. In addition, you will also involve in producing training material and end-user manuals. The whole experience will lead you to gain an understanding of the science behind genetic screening.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Must have a background in triple quadrupole mass spectrometry.
- Experienced in working with medical devices (and 21 CFR Part 820 Quality Systems) is considered an asset.
- Must be able to write and execute test cases/suites.
- Must have strong exploratory/testing skills.
- Experience with test traceability is highly desired.
- Participate in planning, design of the processes, and the implementation of data analysis improvements.
- Establish best-in-practice operations to collect, process and analyze Mass Spec instrument data to link and extract information for troubleshooting and change requests.
- Work closely with development team members to develop and execute test plans.
- Must be able to work with customers of all backgrounds to understand user needs and workflows in order to deliver well tested application to market place.
- Ability to work with agile / scrum team is required.
- Must be comfortable presenting to team members as well as to customers / partners.
- Be a team player and put team objectives above personal ambitions.
- Degree in Computational biology, electrical/computer engineering, mathematics, physics, molecular biology, business or equivalent.
- Minimum two years of experience in a product development environment.
- Knowledge of the current methods in Mass Spec software applications development.
- Experience in verification and validation of Mass Spec instrument data.
- Knowledge of systems and computational biology, particularly Mass Spec is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentational).
- Must be willing to travel internationally (10%).
- Build and execute on Mass Spec Software applications for diagnostics.
- Technology alignment with the company (EA, enterprise architecture) direction & road-map.
- Aligned technology solution with business strategies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong Mass Spec background and problem solving skills - ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable tasks.
- Demonstrate expertise & competency in Mass Spec domain.
- Ability to work with team(s) using agile methodology / processes for developing software applications.
- Ability to with work with cross-functional teams - excellent group interaction and negotiating skills.
- Customer focus, value driven passionate about working to develop applications to address customer needs.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills in front of internal teams and customers.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS:
- Agile delivery.Established technical standards and policies.
- Process efficiency & effectiveness.
Bolton ON CA
Find a Job Find Candidates