- We are looking for a Software Test Engineer with experience in manual and automated testing of Medical Software developed for Windows with an array of programming languages.
- As a software test engineer, you are involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment.
- You will conduct automated and manual tests to ensure that the software created by developers is fit for the purpose.
- Responsibilities include leading and participating in design activities, testing and problem resolution and preparing detailed technical documentation.
- Working closely with the R&D Engineering team who design and develop Flat Panel X-ray Imaging products for Diagnostic Imaging and Industrial NDT markets based on CMOS image sensors.
- Ability to understand requirements and write test scenarios to verify those scenarios.
- Working knowledge of test automation, execution, and data validation
- Implement Unit, Integration and Systems tests
- Determine the test cases required to comprehensively test our products
- Develop test plans in conjunction with product owner/project manager
- Plan and execute testing related task in an “agile/iterative” environment
- Drive all product software testing types (functional, integration, system, regression, performance) using automated and manual testing types
- Design, develop and maintain automated tests within an automated test framework and manual tests
- Participate in technical reviews such as code review, document review
- Interface with customers for requirements, testing and training
- Advocate for approaches that drive quality and ensure testability.
- Performance load and stress testing while measuring system performance
- Define and evolve quality assurance testing standards, guidelines, procedures, process and metrics
- Technical background – BSc or equivalent in IT/Engineering/Scientific or related discipline
- Minimum one-year industrial experience is desirable. Candidates with other demonstrable experience will also be considered.
- Intermediate level of Python, C/C++, C#
- Knowledge of SW development life cycle and testing mythologies (manual and automated)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills with strong attention to details
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK with an EU Passport or current UK work permit.
- Experience using test automation, test management and defect tracking tools
- Experience using source code control tools
- Experience with testing applications written in C/C++, Python, C# for Window and Linux operating systems
- Experience using test automation frameworks such as selenium, googletest
- Strong hands-on experience with executing manual processes along with debugging and root cause analysis.
- Experience and the skills to review the design and maintenance of test cases and assist in hands-on testing
- Familiar with databases such as SQL, NoSQL