Software System Architect - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a dynamic Belgian high-tech worldwide company, founded in 1990, with over 1,000 employees worldwide.
- Our mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
- As a growing company, our company is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work. Are you passionate about 3D printing and do you want to help us to create a better and healthier world with it?
- Then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
- Our software department is looking for an experienced software system architect to advance the technical know-how at our company.
- Software System Architect As the Software System Architect, you are responsible for the architecture of the company Additive Manufacturing Backbone software product family.
- The System Architect contributes in defining the product strategy for the company Software Backbone and leads the translation of the strategy into architectural choices.
- The System Architect leads the decision making on the overall product family architecture, application architecture, interfaces and application interoperability.
- The System Architect leads the team of Software Architects of the business unit.
- The System Architect leads the introduction of new technologies and methods
Key areas of responsibility:
- You lead the definition of new SW platforms for the company Additive Manufacturing Backbone;
- You define technical road-maps to support the product family strategy and road-map;
- You deploy application architecture road-maps;
- You elaborate the system architecture to the level required for the project teams to pick up the detailed design and implementation;
- You maintain contacts with peers within and outside of company, Additive Manufacturing consortium and universities;
- You are responsible for maintaining and updating the knowledge in the architecture team.
Main experience required:
- Several years’ experience in development and architecture.
- Experience in the creation and management of a product family architecture.
- Experience in working in project teams and leading a team.
Necessary know how and skills:
- Master (of Science) in Software engineering or acquired equivalent level by experience.
- Profound experience with object-oriented software development methodologies and with various software development languages (C, C++, C#)
- Knowledge of and experience in relevant design methods, like modelling.
- Coaching skills and experience.
- Capable of functionally managing application architects.
Required personality characteristics:
- Abstract, analytical, and creative thinker.
- Ability to look beyond the well-trodden paths.
- Lateral thinker with helicopter view, capable of finding an appropriate solution to complex problems.
- Has a natural preponderance, can convince others but does not take up positions, is communicative and a good listener, is ready to look at more than one solution, and can put ideas across.
- Improvement attitude.
- We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market.
- You will be part of a dedicated development team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.