Software Engineer II - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
BD Biosciences is currently seeking Software Engineer II to join our exciting and growing team. At BD Biosciences you will have the opportunity to create software applications that are used to help all people live healthy lives.
BD Biosciences is looking for a talented Software Engineer II who has a passion for delivering great software products that meet customer needs. The right candidate will be a self-motivated positive person who puts team goals ahead of individual accomplishments and collaborates often and effectively with project team members to achieve the scheduled work. The Software Engineer will participate in a full software development life cycle and adhere to a quality management system. The candidate will be part of a highly technical software engineering team building our line extension software.
- Responsible for the design, coding, unit testing and documentation of new software components or minor enhancements to existing software products.
- Participates in code inspections and technical reviews.
- Ability to work in an Agile software development environment.
- Ability to collaborate with team members to accomplish deliverables.
- Receive instructions and guidance from Scrum team regarding required tasks and expected results.
- Participates in functional training to advance technical capabilities. Develops expertise in one or more programming techniques, data analysis tools, or design tools important to the department.
- Contributes to the advancement of process capability for software development. Understands how job affects product and process quality. Knows and follows applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Desk Procedures, and knows where they are located.
- Reports on progress on weekly basis or as required.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
- A minimum of 2 years experience in software development engineering.
- A minimum of 2 years of Object Oriented Design.
- A minimum of 2 years of Object Oriented Programming.
- A minimum of 2 years of C#/.NET experience
- Action oriented with a focus on results
- Demonstrated positive work ethic with a strong commitment to achieving project goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Experience with the Agile\Scrum process preferred.