This job is currently Archived,
Software Engineer II - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 08 June 2017
- Responsible for the development and testing of embedded and cloud based systems which enable endotoxin and microbial detection that meet or exceed the quality and performance requirements defined by the customer, regulatory, and internal standards.
- Primary areas of focus include design and development of device control (motors, actuators, and sensors), user interface (GUI, touchscreen), applications, web services, algorithm development, relational database, distributed processing, machine learning, and automation utilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the analysis of functional requirements specifications and translate into software design.
- Identify areas of the architecture which will affect performance.
- Determine scope and time required to complete coding tasks.
- Develop software based on design – follow department coding standards and test processes.
- Learn, review, and repair existing code.
- Assist test team with software builds and installation into the test environment.
- Generate scripts necessary for test automation.
- Assist test team with evaluation of defects.
- Mentor software engineers on best practices and algorithm development
- Fix and re-test reported defects.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in computer science, mathematics, engineering or related discipline.
- Experience: 4+ years of software development with two of the following languages: C, C++, C#, ActionScript, Java, and operating systems such as Linux and Windows. Qualifications must match the required skills for the applicable position, which will include one of the following areas:
- Robotic Control 2 years’ experience developing methods and applications for robotic control solutions.
- Embedded Software Development: 4 + years of application development for embedded solutions, designing and coding in C, C++, C# or Java; Experience in actuator control, including stepper motors, valves, sensors. Strong mathematical skills especially in filtering algorithms, and familiarity with MATLAB. Experience with Intel performance libraries or Boost C++ libraries a plus.
- User Interface: 4+ years of demonstrated expertise in building Graphical User Interface (GUI) designs with UI toolkits such as QT, Flash/Flex, Silverlight, HTML5 or similar. Knowledge of HTTP, SOAP, Linux, and SQL preferred.
- Database: 4+ years of database development with SQL, SQLite, MySQL;
- Web Services: Experience designing and building scalable web solutions/services
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Robotic Control Training certification, Linux Training certification preferred.
- Attention to detail, ability to constantly innovate, superb critical thinking, and excellent coding skills.
- Experience in developing software in a regulated environment.
- Experience in formal development process including unit testing, version control, static code analysis and continuous integration.
- Experience with Agile methodologies preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working effectively in a team environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet