Summary:The Software Engineer is a member providing contributions to the design, development, and test suite for software products for biomarker discovery and analysis based on PerkinElmer’s Phenoptics platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in overall design and development of the Quantitative Pathology software.
- Works with senior team members on the design and development of small and medium features within products.
- Creates and maintains the automated builds, automated test runs, and commercial installers.
- Follows the software design process with minimal supervision.
- Capable of solving technical problems with assistance from senior team members.
- Works with some supervision; uses some creativity and latitude to solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area
- 2-5+ years of experience in software development
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiar with software architecture, development, and test production
- Familiar with C#, C++, .NET, NUnit, Visual Studio, NAnt, Mercurial, Trac, and other relevant development tools
- Familiar with Advanced Installer, Jenkins, and other relevant automation tools.
- Familiar with Agile and TDD development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team-building and interpersonal skills