This job is currently Archived,
Software Development – High School Summer Intern - United States
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- As the research & development organization in our company Industrial Bio sciences, we work with a lot of large data sets generated from various processes.
- In order to efficiently deal with such large data sets, we look to develop and use best in class software solutions to help improve our productivity.
- We look for individuals with good computer science background who will think independently and come up creative solutions.
- We are looking for an eager-to-learn High School student to help us with software development projects.
- The projects and tasks will require in depth thought, logic and good coding experience. Students will learn about the research processes that generate large data-sets and interact with the research teams to understand the requirements for storing, analyzing and visualizing these large data sets.
- They will work with other team members to design and implement a software solution to satisfy those requirements.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time High School student during Fall 2017
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, Perl, Java, etc.)
- Basic understanding of relational database structure
- Familiarity with Linux OS is highly desirable.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of biology and/or chemistry would be beneficial.