- The mission of the BMS team is to provide superior treatment delivery techniques to the proton therapy system.
- It is namely in charge of the development of the Pencil Beam Scanning delivery technique.
- The software team of the BMS has the responsibility of all software and firmware controlling the equipment in order to safely, accurately deliver the dose to the tumors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Software Developer your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the complete software development and renovation of the beam transport and delivery components of proton therapy equipment and the quality of those components.
- Manage software design, software unit testing, and you perform integration testing on the industrial equipment on site;
- Be in charge of documentation;
- Apply software development methodologies, framework and standards.
- Fix bugs and update software versions, and by doing so you participate at the improvement of the software;
- Work closely with functional analysts and users, and you ensure up to date technical knowledge for yourself and for the team.
Profile You have:
- A Master degree in Engineering Sciences, preferably in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or you have an equivalent degree or experience.
- A relevant experience, ideally in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of Java/J2SE, C++ and embedded software.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of IEC 62304 safety critical software risk management is a plus.
- Experience in the use of the Agile development in Medical devices is a plus.
And you are:
- Fascinated by new technologies and always willing to update your knowledge.
- A hands-on and proactive person.
- A team player with very good interpersonal skills.
- Able to organize your work autonomously.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of your time.
- Our company is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy.
- The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including company’s leading fully integrated radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
- Employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, Our company currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
- The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer our company is committed to a diverse workforce