Software Developer - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Less than 10%
- A dynamic team of professionals who have built a company into what is now, a global leading innovator and manufacturer of advanced 3D measurement technology systems.
- Our roots are deep; for over 35 years, our optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions have been trusted by the world’s foremost organizations and institutes in medicine, industry, simulation, and academia.
- People rely on us for best-in-class measurement accuracy and reliability – from image-guided surgery to aeronautics; from quality assurance to biomechanics research. Our team members live and work all over the world. Interested in becoming a valued member of the company team?
- We’re growing and are looking for great people to join us.
- We are looking for a results-oriented Software Developer to join our R&D team in the development of applications to control and operate our medical devices and AR/VR systems.
- As a member of a dynamic and cross-functional team of engineers, you will be responsible for the design and development of real-time 3D applications, utilities and processing libraries for our OEM partners.
- You will also create data visualization tools which combine real time tracking data, 2D and 3D visualization, modelling and human factors engineering..
What you are responsible for:
- Design and develop software to company’s internal software development standards;
- Work collaboratively as part of our cross-functional teams including Project Managers, Mechanical, Hardware, and Firmware teams;
- Participate in defining/developing appropriate test suites for the applications; and
- Integrate application software with our real-time embedded systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of recent hands-on experience coding and software design for Windows operating system
- Proficient in Java and C/C++ programming on both Windows and Linux operating systems;
- Familiar with TCP/IP and serial communications
- Experience with real-time, multithreaded applications
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong organization skills, documentation skills, and the ability to communicate well both in writing and orally
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Familiar with OpenGL and/or other 3D rendering tools
- Experience with medical device development standards and procedures
- Good understanding of 3D-transformation algorithms