This job is currently Archived,
Software Developer I Non-IT (Software Engineer I) - United States
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team and help in building exceptional Life Science products.
- This individual will be working with other software engineers, hardware engineers, business analyst, scientist and software quality assurance engineers to design, implement and test these products.
What you'll be doing:
We need an energetic and passionate individual with a technical background, experience with Agile frameworks and experience working with scientists/systems engineers, instrumentation or on software that is part of a product and not the entire product.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing and maintenance of features and components for Life Science products.
The ability to work as part of a team and willingness to jump in and do what it takes to deliver on commitments will make you a successful part of the team.
- Apply best practices to design, implement and test software applications within tight timelines.
- Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Work with engineering team to build innovative features and to fine tune existing legacy code.
- Document specifications and help create user guides and manuals.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technologies, algorithms and products.
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Must have been part of product delivery to customers.
What you need for this role:
- 4-6 years’ experience writing code as a Software Engineer.
- BS/MS in Engineering CS, EE or related field.
- Strong problem solving / analytical & troubleshooting skills.
- At least three years’ experience in .NET, C#, WPF & XAML and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- At least three years’ experience implementation efforts following an Agile software development lifecycle approach.
- Familiar with Agile Frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Passion for learning and working with others to improve yourself, the team, the product and the company.
- Highly Desired:
- Experience coding in Python.
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server and Office suite.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.