Software Architecture and Middleware for Blockchain-Based Systems - Belgium
We currently focus on multiple research challenges in the domain of application middle-ware, decentralized data-systems, software engineering and software architecture:
- Decentralization of online software services and service ecosystems
- Mapping of domain-specific business logic to smart contracts on block-chain-based systems
- Application middle-ware for developing advanced block-chain-based systems
- Integration middle-ware for combining block-chain-based peer-to-peer systems and service-oriented architectures
- a master in computer science (or equivalent),
- an analytical mind and technically skilled,
- optionally some industry experience,
- and fluent English communication skills,
Expertise in Blockchain platforms (e.g. Ethereum, HyperLedger, etc), software architecture, as well as application middleware and integration middleware is a plus.
- a supportive and collaborative team in which you can develop know-how and expertise in state-of-the-art technologies,
- the opportunity to build up research and innovation skills that are essential for a future career in industrial as well as academic research and development environments,
- support in the further development of your competences to analyze strategic research problems and to architect and evaluate innovative solutions with industrial applicability,
- an international and multicultural working environment.
- This position is open for junior and senior researchers, including Project Collaborators, PhD students and Post-docs.
- This research position can definitely lead to a PhD trajectory in computer science, but this is not a mandatory track for candidates interested to apply for this position.