To strengthen our team in the Business Group Microscopy, we are seeking a Software Architect.
- We build the best microscopes in the world. As a software architect, it is your job to make sure our software lives up to that expectation.
- It is your job to deliver and continuously improve a software platform for solutions from different parts of our company Microscopy.
- This means you need to understand the needs of our customers, but also of our development colleagues in five different countries.
- Your contribution will be felt in light microscopy, electron microscopy, ion- and x-ray microscopy.
- In your home base you will be working in a team of architects, product managers, developers, and testers.
- You will be responsible for developing, updating, and guarding the architecture and help to manage life cycles of components and products.
- You will review designs and implementations and help on testing strategies.
- Experience as architect or lead developer for software involved in complex hardware controlling (e.g. automotive, factory control, robots) or image analysis software (e.g. video streaming, image processing).
- You have proven that you can take the helicopter view, but also dive into details
- Experience in working in larger teams and distributed teams including technical leadership of such teams.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams (hardware, software, testing, product managers).
- Experience in interfacing with multiple stake holders and understand their needs (e.g. marketing, sales, service)
- Strong communication skills and teamwork mentality
- Working knowledge in the Microsoft development toolchain
- Ideally experience with distributed applications and micro services
- Fluently in English, good German language knowledge
- With just under 25,000 employees,our company is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years.
- We develop and distribute lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.