Snr Strategic Sourcing Manager - Turkey
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 13 May 2017
- The TMEA role will primarily focus on the affiliate spend areas in both manufacturing in Turkey and affiliates such as Turkey and South Africa. It is expected that this role will have oversight and is accountable for the OPEX in marketing entity countries as well as distributor countries. Total of 15 countries with spend of USD$124M
Developing sub region category strategies
- Supply base analysis: monitor, analyze and report Affiliate’s actual spend, trends, forecasts and Supplier base data;
- Strategy development: participate in regional/global category strategy development and sourcing teams
- Infrastructure development: support Strategic Sourcing infrastructure development and integration.
- Drive alignment between global category strategy needs and requirements of region, country & sites
Local/sub region Sourcing:
- Opportunity identification: identify local improvement opportunities with respect to management of Purchase demand, Supply base and Total Cost on a local level
- Requirements definition: identify and define specific stakeholder requirements;
- Partnering with the business/stakeholders to drive the Productivity (Savings) agenda in the region/affiliates
- Tendering: define evaluation/selection criteria, define and manage RFI and RFP processes on the basis of the local sourcing strategy, derived from the category sourcing strategy;
- Supplier Selection: evaluate and negotiate proposals, ensure and validate selection of the best supplier;
- Supplier Contracting: complete and implement the contract in accordance with legal standards and sourcing policies and guidelines;
- Ensure conformance to sourcing process policies and guidelines
- Embed into the organizational culture good buying behavior and compliance.
- Ensure controls are in place to minimize risk
- Manage/oversee the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) programs that are implemented in the region.
- Through SRM, seek to obtain supplier innovation where our company can use to either save or gain process efficiency
Productivity tracking: maintain, consolidate and report to management Productivity initiatives that clearly reflect the achievement of objectives in each country.
Validated savings for sourcing projects
Leadership & Development of Talent:
- Provide direction, coaching and mentor-ship to direct reports
- Build talent through direct team for the broader GSS organization
- Provide performance feedback and career counseling
- Resolve escalated issues
- Prioritize team's work among several initiatives
Education/ Prior Employment Qualifications
- Fulfillment of at least one of the following combinations:
- Doctorate degree & 2 years of management consulting or strategic sourcing experience
- Master’s degree & 4 years of management consulting or strategic sourcing experience
- Bachelor’s degree & 6 years of management consulting or strategic sourcing experience
- Associate’s degree & 8 years of management consulting or strategic sourcing experience
- High school diploma / GED & 10 years of management consulting or strategic sourcing experience
- AND 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
Job Skills & Experience
Team management & change management:
- Ability to lead teams in a matrix organization, across geographic and functional reporting lines. Ability to lead, coach, and mentor direct reports in TMEA would be preferable. Demonstrated track record of identifying root causes to issues and proactively resolving problems
- Demonstrated success in partnering cross-functionally and across different countries, cultures and time zones. Understanding and experience in managing and influencing cultural differences would be a good skill to have on the job. Ability to own and strengthen relationships with key business partners & executives
- Compelling and persuasive communicator (oral and written) with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ideally the candidate would have sourcing experience in managing multiple countries .
- Key sourcing categories knowledge such as Supply Chain, Manufacturing raw materials and operations, Market Research, Consulting/Professional Services and Marketing Agencies sourcing would be preferable.
- Expert knowledge of supply base, including market economics, supply base cost structure, supply base trends, supplier segmentation
- Expert knowledge of the market forces shaping customer’s business context (e.g. legal & regulatory environment, sources of competitive advantage)
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and utilizing full set of supply levers to drive category performance, including the development of complex collaboration partnership with suppliers
- Ability to conduct benchmarking and measure sourcing performance along all dimensions of cost, quality, risk, innovation and operating processes
- Ability to provide thought leadership to customers and actively shape customer’s overall strategy through sourcing lens
- Expert negotiation and presentation/consulting skills
Analytical & Technical:
- Experience using e-procurement tools such as Ariba,
- Ability to quantify financial benefits for identified set of opportunities and initiatives
- Experience at developing complex cost and financial models
- Highly proficient with Excel and MS Office Suite
- Ability to draw strategic insight from analysis, and to effectively summarize and present insight based on the needs of the audience
Previous experience managing direct reports
- Business process related training
- Experience in either leading or participating in Six Sigma projects.
- Fluency in English and Turkish, both in oral and written communication
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
- If not candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly about a new industry (i.e.: ex consultants, multiple industry experience)
- Experience in presenting to senior management team
- Excel intermediate skill level