Snr Process Engineer (Capital Projects), Global Engineering Solutions - Ireland
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Senior Specialist will be a Process Project Engineer in Global Engineering Solutions, participate in a high performing team and be responsible for implementation of capital project scope and technical studies that support company business objectives. Reporting to a Technology Director, the Senior Specialist will demonstrate increasing degrees of responsibility to lead or support project deliverables ranging from business case development, process design/specification, vendor management, commissioning & qualification, and through process implementation & realization of the solution.
- The Senior Specialist will primarily support the Large Molecule Biologics/Vaccines/Sterile lines of business with opportunity to be exposed to multiple business areas; and is expected to develop and maintain advanced technical knowledge in their respective area(s) of expertise.
- The Senior Specialist will exhibit sound leadership and exemplary collaboration, communication, and vendor management skills; and guide projects through the Capital Management stage gate process.
- Leads or supports process design efforts for capital projects, providing innovative solutions that meet business objectives
- Collaborates with a team in the evaluation of alternative solutions and the development of project scope
- Leads aspects of preliminary designs, including P&ID development and HAZOP facilitation
- Ensures that deliverables conform to company standards and practices, and are technically sound
- Provides technical guidance during project implementation, including C&Q, to assure viability of technology in proposed configuration
- Liaises with other technical functions to ensure successful technology transfers of new and in-line products
- Collaborates with contractors, suppliers and other team members in the execution of the work
- Percent of travel: >25% for projects assignments outside of primary location.
- Travel and flexibility in project assignment location is required; assignments may require short term travel assignments.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or applicable Science
- 5 yrs experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry in engineering, manufacturing or process development, ideally in vaccines or biologics
- Experience with an equipment life cycle approach including specification, selection, testing & commissioning, troubleshooting and qualification
- Understanding of hygienic design and unit operations specific to biologic manufacturing and/or aseptic processing
- Excellent collaboration and engagement as a team player with dependable interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Project/time management skills which deliver on time and quality work
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Biotech, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Science