|External Posting Title||Snr Packaging Engineer|
|Job Description||Are you comfortable working independently in a matrix organization and do you like managing multiple projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment? Then we have an exciting opportunity for you as Senior Engineer, Packaging at our site in Zug, Switzerland.|
You’ll be part of the global packaging engineering service of the PO&T Engineering and Technology organization where you'll lead or provide oversight for the design, development, testing, and support of clinical and commercial primary, secondary, and tertiary (distribution/cold chain) packaging globally.
• Lead or oversee the design, development, and testing of high visibility, complex packaging projects from initiation and planning at the program level into ideation and conceptual design through design/technology transfer and implementation readiness
• Author or support technical documentation related to packaging for design or user requirements, design verification, design/technology transfer, qualification or validation protocols and reports, specifications, technical drawings, etc.
• Manage testing, inspection, and data collection and analysis for engineering testing or qualification of primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging at internal or external test facilities
• Provide technical support and help conduct investigations for issues related to packaging
• Help develop a packaging development strategy for the business as well as a systematic, detailed pack development process
|Job Category||Operations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T), Supply Chain, Global Operations, Technical Development|
• 10+ years packaging related experience
• 5+ years of experience within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, or health care industry preferred
• Strong understanding of cGMP environment
• Working knowledge of packaging related standards and regulations for ASTM, CPSC, EFPIA, EMA, FDA, GS1, ICH, ISO, ISPE, ISTA, PDA, USP, and WHO
• BS/BA degree is required. BS/BA in Packaging Science or relevant Engineering degree is preferred. Lean and/or Six Sigma training is preferred
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission:
making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Pharmaceutical, Science, Engineering, Management