SMA Senior Medical Liaison Manager - Austria
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The SMA Senior Medical Liaison Manager can be based in any of the following countries: Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
- To establish, develop and maintain medical scientific collaborative relationships with current and future therapeutic experts in spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and other orphan disease products in development.
- To disseminate high quality complex scientific information and provide innovative medical education content.
- To generate medical insights and provide research concepts to therapeutic experts to facilitate patient management and care.
- To oversee expanded access programs (EAPs) for therapies under development.
- Facilitate medical and scientific information exchange with the medical community on SMA and other orphan diseases.
- Generate systematically medical insights and provide key learnings to the regional Medical team on regular basis as appropriate.
- Work with Experts to develop clinical therapeutic concepts that support the advancement of the medical science within our company's scientific and therapeutic area of interest.
- Support the development and implementation of the internal training plan, monitor the plan and update knowledge of disease area.
- Deliver clinical and scientific presentations to regional healthcare audiences aligned with central medical education programs.
- Organize local/regional educational meetings with multidisciplinary participation of key stakeholders in designated area and provide key learnings to the Regional Medical team.
- Support therapeutic experts in developing concepts and protocols for SRAs / IITs / registries that support orphan drug therapies.
- Work with local patient organizations in collaboration with Regional Public Affairs to educate about the disease area and advances in patient care.
- Develops reports /summary slide decks of important national congresses.
- Use the CRM system Veeva to report to the organization.
- Supports field commercial and corporate account efforts related to presenting clarity around clinical and scientific information supporting therapeutic decisions in patient care.
- Provision of medical information including responses to unsolicited off-label questions and questions regarding new indications and future development products.
- Support appropriate screening processes to identify potential investigators for our company initiated clinical trials, collaborate with clinical trial groups to evaluate requests and assess center capacity for clinical studies.
- Medical or scientific qualification (M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D. preferred).
- At least 5 years’ experience in a medical role in industry MSL experience for at least 3 years.
- Ideally, medical/scientific experience in rare diseases
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Legal and compliance environment.
- Matrix management experience with the Regional Office and other key functions in Europe.
- Strong customer orientation, science based.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, scientific and non-scientific, throughout all levels and geographies of an organization, in English and a second
- Willingness to travel as it is a field-based role.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, R&D, Manager, Scientific, Science, Research, Management, Engineering