- The units work independently to produce materials that are used in a variety of products including: counter tops, building panels, wall covering, solar cells, and surface finishes for airplanes, cars, buses, and trains – to name a few.
The successful candidate in this position
Maintains and Improves Training and the Training System:
- Ensures compliance to safety, health and environmental regulatory and company policy requirements.
- Leads identification and prioritization of risk reduction opportunities, establishes clear priorities, and supports effective resourcing to drive improvement in training and the training system.
- Supports internal and external audits. Defines, investigates, and resolves recommendations, issues, and action items.
- Collaborates with site leaders and leads program(s) to improve competency of the workforce to move to a world-class competitive position.
- Is the supervisor of two training clerks who support the Corian training system by typing, modifying, enter data, managing files, and performing tasks that support training.
- Designs and improves training content and delivery for Corian® operations, site maintenance, and site support groups.
- Leads and implements improvements to automate current training documentation process going from paper documentation to electronic documentation.
- Currently, a project is underway to convert the document management system for electronic access by users and electronic authorization by approvers. The position would oversee the final implementation steps and support the new system on an ongoing basis
- In addition, a project is starting to streamline training; going from a paper document “package” and changes routed in paper form to a web-based, electronic framework which would include initial training, refresher training, plus tracking communication of any changes to procedures.
- The position will lead the implementation steps and support the new system on an ongoing basis.
This position reports to the Unit Manager – Corian and receives functional direction from the Unit Manager.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) or higher degree in engineering, systems-related field, or technical discipline, such as computer science, is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Demonstrated competency in implementing and supporting computer-based applications is required.
- Advanced computer skills and aptitude is required.
- Advanced working and applications knowledge of Microsoft products, especially Word, Excel and SharePoint is strongly preferred.
- Able to quickly conceptualize, identify opportunities, and make improvements to manufacturing processes, administrative processes, and computer-based processes.
- Education and/or training experience or background is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational ability.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.