This job is currently Archived,
Site Procurement Lead - Ireland
Posted on : 10 April 2017
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Site Procurement Lead will sit within the Global Procurment organisation and act as the key link between stakeholders and the Category leads within Global Procurement.
- The role will provide leadership and direction for specific site procurement activities including the support of business unit operating and strategic plans.
- Represent category managers locally, understand supply strategies and agreements and describing the benefits of these agreements to the site and company overall.
- Ensure that objectives are effectively achieved, consistent with company's requirements to ensure compliance, safety and reliable supply to our customers.
Primary Responsibilities include :
Selection, development, coaching and day to day management of direct reports.
- Support and provide information for input into “above site” spend categories. Understand the supplier/site strategy developed by the various Category Leads and execute action plans as appropriate. Work with the Category Leads to ensure site spend is managed in line with the agreed sourcing strategy.
- Develop sourcing strategies for site managed categories and projects using the SMP process. Create source plans for local categories based on supply, supply market analysis and cost models.
- Assist in analyzing spend and evaluate potential savings opportunities. Prepare, implement and audit compliance to contracts.
- Identify and document all cost reduction and profit plan improvements.
- Gain understanding of product categories, business practices, and issues in order to provide support to stakeholders.
- Work with our Supplier Development and Performance Management (SD&PM) teams to support resolution of significant supply issues regarding supplier delivery and assurance of supply.
- Work to continuously improve supplier performance.
- Act as a primary point of contact for supplier interactions and assists in supplier’s performance assessments.
- Maintain a working knowledge of supplier’s organization, product lines, contractual agreements and terms.
- Make recommendations on how to improve the existing environment.
- Drive compliance with company Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Drive effective writing/revising/ rolling out of accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various procurement systems; ensure all work is subsequently carried out in line with same.
- Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or higher preferred; ideally in a related Business, Science, Engineering or other Technical discipline
- APICS/Procurement qualification desired
- Six Sigma accreditation desirable
- 5+ years experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment including experience in procurement / commercial / contract management.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Engineering, Manufacturing, Process etc).
- Knowledge and experience in applying Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated use of continuous improvement skills/tools.
- Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices
- Report, standards, and policy writing skills required
- Good knowledge of systems e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word,. SAP experience essential
- Knowledge of modern supply chain systems including ERP, e-procurement.
- Clear understanding of budgeting / forecasting and the effects of cost savings.
- Strong Stakeholder Engagement, Influencing and Management experience
- PPV reporting experience essential
- Good communication skills.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Procurement, ERP, Engineer, Law, Lean Six Sigma, Operations, Technology, Engineering, Legal, Management