This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- Manage Engineering and Maintenance functions in a modern manufacturing facility with a variety of chemical and mechanical process equipment, with responsibility for the performance and maintenance of plant process equipment and facility infrastructure.
- As a member of the Site Leadership Team, demonstrate personal leadership in accordance with the Company s values: Safety as the Highest Priority, Protection of the Environment, Respect for Employees, and Meeting a Standard for Ethics.
- Manage the work and the career development of direct reports including 2-4 engineers, and Maintenance team of 8-12 skilled technicians.
- Sustain a high-performance culture of personal responsibility, teamwork, customer focus, and high-quality work.
- Independently execute small- to medium-sized capital projects related to installation or upgrade manufacturing processes or building & grounds including: creating Project Requirements Documents, preparing work packages and sending projects out for quotation, and managing outside vendors to meet high expectations for safety, quality, and cost.
- On larger projects, work as a team member in cooperation with corporate Engineering and Capital Project teams.
- Oversee the Preventive Maintenance process including monitoring and reporting on equipment performance and completion of PM activities.
- Drive activities to continuously increase safety, improve product quality, increase equipment reliability / uptime, and reduce waste to improve the business.
- Coordinate with other company resources (primarily in U.S. and U.K.) in support of company-wide initiatives, to implement and standardize technology, and to achieve customer qualification on new or changed processes.
- Degreed Engineer with ten years experience working hands-on as an Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Must include significant experience with equipment specification, purchase, and startup, analyzing equipment performance and making process improvements, working with equipment reliability and maintenance issues.
- Five years directly managing Engineers, responsibility for performance and individual projects, and working among a team to manage operations in a plant.
- Strong bilingual German & English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highest regard for employee safety, strict adherence to company rules and procedures, and good judgment for risk management.
- Strong technical knowledge and demonstrated ability to work with Engineering & Maintenance resources to execute projects and improve processes.
- Experience with Preventive Maintenance systems and metrics such as Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
- Ability to manage among multiple priorities, and to work smoothly within a team of peers to achieve overall plant goals (Safety/Health/Environmental, Quality, and Operations Managers).
- Skilled at critical thinking and decision-making for effective problem solving.
- Good leadership skills such as team-building, conflict resolution, employee motivation, delegation, and empowerment.
- Ability to work either as a team/project leader or as an individual contributor on larger teams.
- Knowledge of typical manufacturing performance metrics, basic quality systems, and awareness that a focus on world-class quality and customer satisfaction is critical to maintaining our business for the long term.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing.
- Ability to achieve Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Business acumen and familiarity with basic accounting and purchasing procedures.
- Personal organizational skills for efficient time management and effective project management.
- High-energy personality, personal bias toward action, and a positive attitude.
Östringen Baden Württemberg Germany
Find a Job Find Candidates