This job is currently Archived,
Site Engagement and Communications Specialist - United States
Posted on : 11 April 2017
Nature & Scope:
- Creates, implements and supports all interdepartmental and cross-functional engagement initiatives for the RTP site internally and externally.
- Internal initiatives include but are not limited to establishing yearly calendar with dedicated events and activities to drive sustainable engagement via the patient Value Strategy, including but not limited to management of the Plaza site, organization of site meetings (Town Halls, guest speakers, patient interactions, functional education settings).
- External initiatives include working with local academic institutions, businesses, government relations or other entities to build our company and local site recognition and impact as well as coordination of sponsorships and donations.
- Collaborates with Site Leadership team and selected management on developing and executing an engagement plan, working with internal stakeholders across site-based departments
- Serves as liaison to all company committees/groups to ensure coordinated and streamline communication (including company Wellness program, Common Ground, EVENT committee, Toastmasters, Corporate Societal Responsibility, Green Initiatives, Individual Volunteer Program, Voices survey actions and initiatives, and Patient Value Strategy)
- Networks and collaborates across the RTP Community to understand engagement needs
- Prepares processes, process maps, documents, presentations and communications in appropriate formats
- Manages RTP site related communication tools including SharePoint, Plaza or other relevant platforms as needed by the Site Leadership Team. Works with local IT and Facilities in support of all the planning and set up of initiatives
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop and implement specific templates for internal and external presentations
- Maintains and organizes paper and electronic filing systems as required (e.g., contact information, processes, listings for engagement activities, sponsorship, donations etc.)
- Develops and supports effective engagement and related change management needs through the Patient Value Strategy, in line with company’s strategic plan, and the Site Leadership strategic plan
- Builds a strong network within the various teams across the organization to identify collaboration and engagement needs
- Promotes a culture of continuous process improvement, change management, creativity, efficiency and agility through supporting and implementing effective communications
- Develops and coordinates information sharing platforms at the RTP site
- Supports and contributes to Plaza and Sharepoint sites (in conjunction with Professional and Knowledge Development team), ensuring current and frequent information flow
- Understands the cross-functional engagement needs of the RTP site and fosters a site-wide supportive and collaborative approach to meet relevant objectives
- Completes other duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Site Leadership Team
- Bachelors degree with at least 5 years experience in business activities associated with internal and external coordination of engagement activities, public relations, and/or communications. Pharma or related medical business preferred, but not required
- Organized, with demonstrated skills in project management techniques including linking strategy to operational execution, multi-tasking, time management, and effective prioritization of resource
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (including but not limited to presentations, external communications, etc.)
- Strong computer skills and technical savvy; MS-Office Suite, internal systems for vendors, payments, and management of site related budget specific to engagement activities
- Excellent solutions-based trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work across functions to identify insights and transform them into effective action items.
- Strong team working, collaboration and partnership attitude
- Able to influence through networks
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people living with severe disease.
- With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, our company offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive.
- Thinking holistically, working together, championing change, delivering impactful results…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at our company.
- Our company and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Segment: Communications, Medical, Business Process, Developer, PR, Marketing, Healthcare, Management, Technology