Site Energy Engineer (12 month contract) - Ireland
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Purpose of Role:
- The energy engineer will join a dynamic team environment that is aligned with the Manufacturing IPT, and will be committed to continuous improvement, process understanding and personal development. The energy engineer will be a key partner in developing the energy culture within the company and embracing emerging technologies to drive energy efficiency and sustainability. The successful incumbent will be a member of the Technology engineering team, whose key duties include:
- Ensure site energy metrics are being met and takes corrective actions where required.
- Represents the site at the monthly above site energy forum.
- Delivers the site energy reduction strategy in collaboration with other key colleagues on-site.
- Uses own initiatives and ‘outside the box’ thinking to develop and improve energy conservation awareness on-site.
- Engages with agencies and other agencies to ensure the site is kept abreast of developments in energy policy and technologies that could affect the site.
- The Energy Engineer is responsible for actively participating in the process and governance of IPTs’ to educate and raise awareness of Energy management policies, Energy reduction targets and to facilitate energy initiatives that deliver on energy consumption reduction targets.
Activities within Role:
- Ownership for the site energy standards and owner for ISO 50001 standard.
- Analyse performance, identify and implement measures to improve energy optimization throughout the Site.
- Maintain and implement initiatives from the Register of Opportunities across the site in conjunction with the Global Energy team.
- Deliver accurate budgeting for energy usage across the site in conjunction with finance and production planning departments.
- Ensure areas meet compliance standards and audit areas against standards - highlight any issues and work proactively with the area team and others to ensure resolution.
- Work closely with the site capital engineering team to ensure energy is considered as part of the scheme design, and energy conservation has been taken into account within the final design.
- Coach and support the site project team to understand these standards and address or provide clarification on any queries that may arise.
- Engage with above energy community ensuring that the site is kept abreast of emerging technologies and changes in the industry.
- Where action is required, formulate a plan and obtain site approval for implementation.
- Keeps oneself well-informed of all relevant technological advancements that could offer competitive advantage.
- Carry out Energy Efficiency Design Reviews of capital projects being developed for the site.
- Identify energy saving viable capital solutions working with OEP partners and Global Energy team to scope and approve projects.
- Actively interface with other company sites, 3rd part Vendors / Suppliers in pursuit of achieving energy targets.
- Review of existing processes with the goal of reducing site energy consumption.
- Troubleshooting plant problems and optimizing plant performance.
- Evaluating optimization ideas utilizing process engineering tools
- Generate weekly and monthly energy metrics for the site and publish these frequently.
- Perform Front End Studies on potential improvements and where favorable develop a business case for review and approval.
- Explore new technologies for the site and suitability of these technologies for the site.
- Chair for the site energy council and working as a collaborative team improve the awareness of energy conservation on-site.
- Works with management and staff to foster an ethos and culture of energy awareness, where energy is an integral part of the overall business.
- Assists other members of the Engineering and site operational teams as required.
- Continue to develop an energy awareness culture for the site through regular awareness of energy saving successes onsite, energy awareness day, etc.
Use Lean principles to deliver a cost efficient operating model for commercial production while not compromising EHS and Quality standards.
Coaching and Training:
Coaching others by sharing your skill-set and expertise. Identifying areas for improvement and formulating a proposal to address the gaps.
Technology Engineering Lead.
- Minimum of 3+ Years working in a regulated environment in a similar role.
- Good Written and verbal communication skills.
- Identify key stakeholders and develop a relationship of trust.
- Interact with above site personnel to understand changes and promote the site.
- Solid business and engineering acumen.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively across multiple teams.
- Project management experience leading projects or programs.
Bachelor of Engineering in a related discipline.
- Ability to work on own initiative to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations.
- Demonstrable analytical & problem solving skills.
- Project Management skills would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong leadership skills, a confident and effective decision maker, with a proven ability to influence others.
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Proven track record in introducing new technologies and methodologies to assist site business needs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills will be required, with demonstrable ability to influence & guide a multi discipline team.
- Proven ability to influence the owners of major energy user on site to achieve efficiencies.
- Stakeholder management of multi decision makers, colleagues, peers and cross functional teams.
- Process and technology background: the successful candidate will understand how to drive Energy optimization.
- Knowledge of Energy fundamentals and Energy management techniques and tools.
- Proven ability to manage teams in the delivery of energy saving projects.
- Capable of working both as part of a team or autonomously.
- Must be commercially and financially astute.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Sustainability, Environmental Health & Safety, Energy, Engineering, Healthcare