This job is currently Archived,
Site Clerk - Behavior Medical Assistant - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 24 May 2017
Responsible for assisting with the coordination, documentation and implementation of the Non-Human Primate (NHP) Psychological Well-Being Program. Provide assistance in all areas concerning Environmental Enrichment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide environmental enrichment for laboratory animals according to facility and Federal guidelines.
- Purchase essential supplies (e.g. foodstuffs, fruits/vegetables, device hardware) on a weekly basis for the maintenance of the Environmental Enrichment Program.
- Assist Behavioral Management Specialist in providing appropriate enrichments to the animals’ structural and social environments and provide opportunities for species-typical activities.
- Sanitize enrichment and other related equipment, as required. Assist in maintaining sanitation schedule for enrichment lab.
- Observe animals and reports illnesses or behavioral abnormalities to appropriate personnel.
- Routinely handles animals as required.
- Assist in performing behavioral assessments or alopecia documentation in response to reports of behavioral abnormalities and hair loss.
- Assist with coordinating animal psychological/behavioral enrichment, including the acclimation and socialization of study animals.
- Maintain and track data related to human interaction and training responses.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.).
- Experience: 1-2 years related experience in a laboratory animal facility.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Computer literacy including basic office software.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet