SIGMA: psychosocial determinants of psychopathology in adolescence - Belgium
- the coordination of the SIGMA study (leading a group of 3 PhD students and 1 research assistant)
- to closely collaborate with the research coordinator for the daily management of the SIGMA study
- to reach out to schools and mental health facilities for collaboration in the study
- to provide feedback on the progression of the study to the SIGMA steering committee and SIGMA advisory board
- to supervise 1 of the PhD students on his/her PhD
- to further develop your own line of research with papers, grant applications,...
- The successful candidate has a PhD degree in Psychology or Social/Health Sciences, Medicine, or Biomedical Sciences, with a strong interest in psychopathology.
- We are looking for a combination of a strong researcher and an excellent manager.
- The successful candidate has good analytic and writing abilities (demonstrated by published papers), has a clear interest in psychological mechanisms related to psychopathology, has experience with setting up studies and collecting data (preferentially on a large scale) and has the capacity to manage a research team with research assistants and PhD students.
- Experience with Experience Sampling Methodology is a plus as is experience with longitudinal data analysis (using STATA, SAS or R).
- The candidate should have good command of English (written and oral) and some command of Dutch would be a plus.
- Motivated post-docs of all nationalities, who have the ability and desire to work in an interdisciplinaryand international research environment with a strong commitment to research in psychopathology, are invited to apply.
- Salaries for Post-docs are competitive by international standards.
- A contract for one year will be offered, which is renewable for another two years after positive evaluation.