- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company’s Development Sciences group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development.
- Development Sciences involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors.
- Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases.
- Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- This role will involve coordinating outgoing and incoming shipments at our company within Europe and Rest of World and all associated customs requirements.
- The Shipping Specialist will be involved in the reliable and timely shipment of domestic, international and commercial shipments of drug products, cell banks, QC samples and other inventory as required.
- Co-ordinate and execute commercial product shipments within the EU and ROW.
- Co-ordinate and execute non – GMP product, sample and other shipments within the EU and ROW.
- Create and maintain shipping SOPs, systems and procedures where necessary.
- Develop the profile of the shipping function on site with internal and external stakeholders in the US, associated Contract Manufacturing Orgs (CMO’s) and other 3PL service providers.
- Perform shipping transactions in ERP system.
- Participate in transportation carrier selection and management and onsite shipping.
- Liaise with other Supply Chain departments to monitor and maintain commercial inventory levels and implement any required changes at distribution centres.
- Support other product shipments such as samples, intermediate product, AP, cell banks and other inventory when required.
- Assist in the resolution of shipping deviations.
- Preparation of change controls for new shipping configurations, new shipping routes and new product introduction.
- Preparation of all shipping documentation, customs paperwork and licenses as required for the movement of product in and out of manufacturing and distribution hubs as well as preparation of commercial invoices for shipments to USA.
- Coordinate timely dry ice shipments.
- Ensure shipping procedures and associated operations at the warehouse are operating according to GDP/GMP standards.
- Communicate cross functionally to ensure all processes are operating effectively and there are no delays in product availability.
- Interact with third party off site storage locations to ensure timely scheduling and delivery of items.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years international shipping and logistics experience (US / EUMEA / ROW)
- Experience of shipping to emerging markets an advantage
- Creation of commercial invoices and other international shipping documentation required.
- Broad experience in working with freight forwarders, air/inland carriers, warehouse personnel and internal departments including QA, Supply Chain, Manufacturing/Packaging Operations etc.
- Pharmaceutical/biotech distribution experience including current GDP/GMP/GCP regulations and Customs/FDA import procedures beneficial.
- Cold Chain experience required.
- Training in ERP systems, Oracle highly desirable.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel software required, proficiency with other MS Office tools including MS Project desired.
- Must be flexible and be able to deal with changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills working within an environment of constant change.
- Capable of working in a team and leading a team where required
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar position preferred
- Biotech Manufacturing experience desirable
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.