This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 08 June 2017
Lead a production shift team, including Manufacturing/Packing and Engineering Team Leaders to support the Production Manager in the running of the Production activities. Ensures the department operates safely and meets quality, delivery and cost standards. Constantly drive the team to meet customer needs as defined by the production plan. Responsible for safety, quality, GMP, appraisals, recruitment, and constantly improving KPIs to increase productivity and achieve the production plan within the shift under incumbent s control. This is a key post within the production team and the job holder is required to make an effective and accountable contribution to raising standards within the area. To act as the senior site responsible person out of day shift hours. Manage all personnel issues with special attention to the Health and Safety. Lead recruitment, appraisal and discipline activities for staff in the department. Carry out Stage 2 and Stage 3 disciplinary in a timely, consistent and professional manner. Lead RFT failure root cause investigations in a timely manner. Quality awareness promoted and central to all actions. Follow change control and validation protocols. Ensure compliance with all site GMP rules and maintain audit readiness at all times. Agreed corrective actions are completed on time. Support direct reports and wider site team to fulfil the production plan on a weekly basis in order to ensure on-target levels of OTIF delivery to customers. Manage costs within budget limits. Champion and lead Continuous Improvement activity and use objective measures to drive decision making and performance improvement.
- Work closely with other Production Shift Managers to ensure smooth operations across shifts to maximize total facility output.
- Through continuous review, revise and develop SOP's, standard work methods and work instructions, to ensure the processes of the department are the most effective to meet the plan safely, to the quality standard and within the agreed schedule.
- Through consistent and regular performance monitoring, communication and good management practices, ensure the team is resourced at the optimum level with staff who are motivated, committed to achieve the department objectives and progress the departmental activity in line with best practice.
- Influence the production plan to ensure the optimal use of the department's resources whilst meeting customer needs.
- Take the role of senior manager on the site outside of normal day shift hours and ensure effective management and escalation of events as they occur.
- Lead, coach and mentor team leaders within team and identify key talent in own team. Develop robust succession plans with support from site management
- Knowledge of H&S legislation and experience of leading teams to focus on improvement in this discipline.
- Ideally trained to relevant IOSH or NEBOSH level (management level).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a team to achieve continuous improvement of key performance indicators.
- Fully understands the key tools in Lean and Six Sigma approaches to Continuous Improvement and can demonstrate effective implementation within a high-quality production environment. Ideally formally qualified to Green Belt or equivalent in a CI discipline.
- Experience of multi-shift operations is essential as are demonstrable experience of team working and embedding continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Minimum five years experience in managing a multi-function shift operation including engineering team.
- Proven responsibility for safety, quality, delivery, cost and discipline for a large team (more than 50 people).
- Minimum 5+ years front-line (supervisor/team-leader) leadership experience in a pharmaceutical production - ideally in a solid dose or sterile facility.
Braunton Devon United Kingdom
Find a Job Find Candidates