Setup Instruct and Repair - 2nd & 3rd Shift - United States
Job Group: JG1
Responsible for project work as assigned by the Engineering Coordinator/ Product Line Coordinator in the realms of electrical, mechanical, and systems of new and existing equipment. Responsible for assisting manufacturing Setups with manufacturing floor maintenance issues as necessary, as well as mentoring the manufacturing Setups in trouble shooting methods and techniques of manufacturing processes and equipment. Responsible in assisting with production scheduling.
Specific Skill Sets Required:
- Must have the mechanical skills/education/background required to setup, changeover, problem solve, improve, and maintain production equipment. Must meet all other educational & training requirements established now or in the future by management that may result from changing technical needs.
- Must be able to understand and follow the policies and procedures of our Quality System, Good Manufacturing Practices, and all regulations and rules.
- Expected to work on teams, have leadership skills and lead by example BD's Core Values.
- Must have, and be able to demonstrate, the necessary mechanical ability for the equipment being maintained including the ability to use hand tools & gauges and operate shop equipment.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems efficiently and effectively.
1. Responsible for doing changeovers and setting up the equipment properly.
2. Must keep equipment running in a good state of repair to meet production and quality standards.
3. Is responsible for generating accurate maintenance records and other records as required by management.
4. Responsible for machine cleanliness and preventive maintenance.
5. Must provide coverage for others who are absent.
6. Helps operators run equipment and provide assistance during operators' break times.
7. Must actively participate and lead teams, including but not limited to: scheduling, process improvement, safety, and continuous improvement.
8. Must work safely, handle chemicals properly and ensure the safety of work mates.
9. Assist in completion of OQ/PQ on new and existing equipment.
10. Assist in development of machine settings and validated parameters for equipment.
11. Assist in identifying future and current machine component and system risks.
12. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Responsibilities Lifting Weight Min. 35 lbs.
Negotiable based on experience and education.
Education / Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum requirements for this position include a High School Diploma or GED
High School Diploma / GED
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.