Service Technician, OR1 - Westwood, CA United States,
KARL Storz (company)
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA), is an affiliate of KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology, encompassing all endoscopic specialties. Based in Tuttlingen, Germany, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG is a family-owned company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship and clinical effectiveness.
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, KSEA is responsible for all U.S. distribution of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices and OR1® integration technologies.
KSEA is currently seeking a Service Tech, OR-1 (Onsite) to join the Region, Field Service West Department’s OR-1/Service Group for a role based in Westwood, CA.
Reporting to the Region Manager, Field Service, West, the primary responsibility of this role is to provide onsite service for OR1 products, video and support KSEA instrumentation.
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Performs preventative maintenance, trouble-shooting and, as needed, repair and upgrades OR1 systems.
- In-service to the client on system use, care, handling troubleshooting
- Keep repairs and replacement equipment expenses within a predetermined budget for the account, preventative maintenance on all KSEA devices.
- Trouble shoot video and instrument issues in the O.R.
- Inspection of the instruments and document their functionality, maintain the instrument sets so that they are always in good working order and ready for use.
- Perform preventative maintenance of KSEA endoscopes and instrumentation may also be part of daily task, but is secondary to the primary goals for O/R case support and uptime of integrated operating rooms.
- Provide high level support (on-demand) and customer satisfaction in a fast paced work environment often under stressful conditions.
- Continuously seeks to improve knowledge and skills necessary to support the OR1 integration products as well as advancements in KSEA instrumentation and equipment.
- As a standard, the Service Tech, OR-1 (Onsite) will work in partnership with the client’s O.R. department with a primary responsibility for the OR1 integration and equipment inspection, repair (either performing or facilitating) and replacement. The Service Tech, OR-1 (Onsite) may also be responsible for other KSEA instruments and equipment that are damaged, worn, etc.
Our successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken English language business communication skills. They will also have demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum education level, 2+ years of college
- 2 to 4 years of related experience
- The Service Tech, OR-1 (Onsite) must be highly proficient in the installation, service and debugging of integrated video systems in a hospital setting.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Possess excellent communication skills for both oral and written as necessary to communicate effectively with both the customer and Protection 1® management
- This position demands a high regard and demonstrated capability for problem solving and ultimately, customer satisfaction.
Preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of AV programming, system design, image routing and image capture is desired. This includes a sound working understanding of construction documents, particularly conduit/cable schematics and as- built audiovisual layout drawings.
- Experience with hospital based Electronic Medical Record systems (EMR) is a plus.
- Experience on a wide of components from the major AV manufacturers is strongly desired.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Find a Job Find Candidates