Service Lead, Asia Pacific Job - Singapore
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Service Lead within Solution Validation & Test will be responsible for leading the testing organization that supports our software engineering organization and the overall quality of software and services deliverables for our business applications. The ideal candidate will have experience building an effective and agile testing department capable of performing in a fast-paced, dynamic business and development environment. The candidate must demonstrate a solid understanding of software testing methods and automation frameworks. This is a hands-on senior role with responsibilities spanning across development areas, platforms and projects for all global technology application and products. This is a high visibility role that will provide strategic direction aligned to the testing and software development organizations.
The nature of the position requires excellent oral and written communication skills and proven leadership in complex team situations. The incumbent will ensure that all SLC concepts are applied in accordance with company policy.
The position will interact with several levels in the organization and will be critical in establishing good relationships with numerous IT organizations and business partners.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Foster a high degree of collaboration between the Software Engineering, QA and Operation teams.
- Manages the team in the design, development, documentation and installation of product validation systems, tests, processes and procedures to validate the product, confirming or refuting its ability to meet specified requirements and meet other prescribed standards.
- Develop a standardized Software Quality Assurance strategy for testing teams working across multiple applications, platforms and technology projects.
- Implement a quality management standardization process including: tracking and communicating issues/defects; follow-up with responsible parties for resolutions and bug fixes, prioritizing defect resolution order and ensuring that appropriate documentation is created and approved.
- Establishes internal and external quality performance metrics based on operational excellence principles and benchmarks and holds appropriate Quality personnel accountable for performance.
- Provides quality performance reports and reviews with senior leadership and functional leaders.
- Recommends changes to improve productivity and efficiency, reduce costs, correct discrepancies and conform to new or changed business unit and customer requirements.
- Performs reviews of systems for improving efficiency and accuracy for achieving a quality and cost-effective production procedure.
- Develops and maintains a sustainable quality management system to ensure quality software and services, leveraging best practices and technologies.
- Develops quality control and inspection procedures (including test standards, equipment, procedures, and controls) for processes and final acceptance activities.
- Analyzes improvement programs and potential results, establishing and maintaining performance metrics to measure program success.
- Manage Testing teams, ability to lead teams of internal and external resources located on- and off-shore.
- MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years applied work experience as a leader of testing teams. Experience managing distributed teams.
- Affinity with pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in automated test framework design and development
- Proficient with Water fall and Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to influence and lead an organization through a cultural change
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in Agile, CI and DevOps
- Strong understanding of quality assurance testing tools and methodologies with a focus on automation.
- Significant experience in managing Testing teams, ability to lead teams of internal and external resources located on- and off-shore.
- Able to provide thought leadership on Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering concepts.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills necessary to implement policy and initiatives.
- Ability to motivate others and lead toward successful goal completion.
- Has worked with technology stacks and tools in the past:
- Atlassian tools (Jira, Stash/Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc.), Jenkins
- HP ALM, Performance Center
- Familiarity with common test frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Robot framework, etc.)
- Familiarity with TDD/BDD and tools (e.g Cucumber, etc.)
- Mobile tech stack: Swift, Objective-C, Android, iOS
- Has implemented best practices across multiple areas of software testing:
- Unit, functional, and integration test
- Performance, load/stress, failure test
- Code coverage, static analysis
- Security modeling (SDL/Threat modeling) and test
- Deep knowledge and experience with implementation of various testing methodologies and test automation tools and techniques
Job: Service Delivery/Management Job Title:Mgr, Service Delivery/Management
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Engineer, Computer Science, Quality Assurance, Pharmaceutical, Testing, Engineering, Technology, Science